Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a set of hotseat twins on my sled wow! what a difference those pipes brought that little sled right to life im eating up all 600 now but im having a little problem now it seems like its in the mid range seems like it bogey half throttle feather the throttle a little bit it goes right away and tacks off like a rocket. should i change the needle clip up one on the clip wich will move the needle down will that lean the mid range down for me or was it just to worm out side 32 33f out side yesterday im running 510N wich is the same as 530 yes this is in a 600 xcsp and yes with twin pipes does not foul a plug road it for 5 hours i held it wide open for a very long time proble for about 2000' the plugs where just like stock rusty tanish coler any info would be a help tky shawn

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Sounds lean in the mid (be careful, or you could melt it down in the midrange). Drop the clip (raise the needle) one and see if it gets better. It should be on #3. The 02 600 has a leaner needle than the newer 600s do. Those 510N jets are ridiculously huge...I'm surprised it will actually pull on a single piped 600. SLP twins run well with 470 mains on a stock motor with gutted airbox and SLP top. I can't see the Hotseats needing several jet sizes more.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought two but thats what hotseat said to use and nothing else but the 510N unless it is 30degrees/f or higher go to a 520 so i went and got some 520 and the ahole gave me 520RD way to big i guess the 510N is the same as a 530 but i dont know thats what hotseat says

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Sounds lean in the mid (be careful, or you could melt it down in the midrange). Drop the clip (raise the needle) one and see if it gets better. It should be on #3. The 02 600 has a leaner needle than the newer 600s do. Those 510N jets are ridiculously huge...I'm surprised it will actually pull on a single piped 600. SLP twins run well with 470 mains on a stock motor with gutted airbox and SLP top. I can't see the Hotseats needing several jet sizes more.[/b]
With 510n jets vs 470 thats four sizes the air box being gutted could explain at least two sizes because of the amount of vacum to the carb vents.

I called hotseat for a baseline setup on a single pipe for my wifes 03 700 and they told me to run 540n jets and gut the airbox When I asked them what year sled that was for he said that all 700 ves motors use the same jetting and the 03 came with 500s stock just like to 02, I knew this was wrong so I asked him to do some checking and he asked someone else and looked through his book and came back with 480s for the pipe and to jet up 2 more sizes to 500s with a gutted box. I found a gutted box to cause it to run 2-3 sizes richer causing the need to jet down, and after running it I am at 400s with the gutted box, but the moral of the story is that you cant always trust what they tell you first of all they will always give you a rich setup so you dont blame them when you toast it second is that the guy who answers the phone that day might be the forklift driver who is pageing through the book and doesnot understand it, just an fyi.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the guy at hotseat said dont go by the spec on our chat they are not the specs for hotseat scorcher twin pipes

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha called hot seat agane this time i talked to jermy one of the teck guys he said the last guy gave me the [wrong info] he told me to us no bigger then 470 @ 0-3000' 0 to 20 f that sounds a little better but i think im going to go with a 460 it +2 f here does that sound about right to any one he also said i could go down to a 430 when its +30 degrees does anyone have twins pipes on there 600 and what size's are you running

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
ha called hot seat agane this time i talked to jermy one of the teck guys he said the last guy gave me the [wrong info] he told me to us no bigger then 470 @ 0-3000' 0 to 20 f that sounds a little better but i think im going to go with a 460 it +2 f here does that sound about right to any one he also said i could go down to a 430 when its +30 degrees does anyone have twins pipes on there 600 and what size's are you running[/b]
I just listed what is working on an 03 600 with twins....I wouldnt go from 510N all the way down to 430s...IMO, 430s sound lean...Try 460s or 470 and make some short pulls....see how the rpm is and do a few plug chops. You'll be sorry if you burn it down from jetting down too much. I've yet to see any pipe manufacturer list reasonable jetting specs. SLP calls for 510s also...HTG calls for 480/490...all way out to lunch. Like I said earlier, I'm surprised that you were able to beat a stock 600 with those jets...Mine didn't start to pull until I started to jet down.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was going to get some 480 470 460 today and im start with 480 and see how that works

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
three people from the same place tell me three diffrent things what the hell the last guy i just talked to told to use tp600ev-2 form and every body els told me those setting arnt for your sled some people just dont have a clue :wtf: i should just have went with that form to beguine with

·
Registered
270 Posts
buddy has a 02 edge x 600.......hotseat twins, mbrp can, trail ported, v-force 3s, airbox mod, and has ran 430s for 4 years now,last year we had the carbs bored and still ran with the 430s only had to go up on the pilots, and moved the needles.......this thing runs for a 600.....new or old

1 - 13 of 13 Posts