Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stock for stock which sled is faster? i think the t-cat but my co-worker thinks his xcr800 will walk on a t-cat. i would race him, but waiting for my bottom end to be rebuild.

·
Registered
213 Posts
stock for stock which sled is faster? i think the t-cat but my co-worker thinks his xcr800 will walk on a t-cat. i would race him, but waiting for my bottom end to be rebuild.[/b]
Not to take anything away from T- Cat, but XCR in Gen 2 chassis, Cat had more hp but XCR had more hp at the ground, actually in a test in one of the magazines I have from 6 years ago or so they said XCR 8 had the most hp to the ground of any production sled built to that date.
And where it matters we've seen it on the lake, if your both "stock" bet some money.

·
Registered
96 Posts
stock for stock which sled is faster? i think the t-cat but my co-worker thinks his xcr800 will walk on a t-cat. i would race him, but waiting for my bottom end to be rebuild.[/b]
I assume you are talking 1000 T-cat? If you get these out on the lake it would not even be a race. The '98 T-cat is still the fastest stock sled tested at the shoot outs when looking at purely high end. Bone stock across the lake on clean ice it ran 122 through the traps. The shoot out results were just quarter mile. The '99 was choked off and really needed some help to get it up to the level of the '98 even though it was lighter (I owned both of these years as well as several others). Later years improved a little with the flatslides 3D maping ignition. Still suffered as a result of the same intake and exhaust. I never saw a stock bore that was even close to a decently setup t-cat.
My 2 cents!

·
Registered
195 Posts
T-CAT Should walk away at 100 to 110 and leave the XCR by 2 sleds easy. Seen it many times, XCR get the fast lead then after 100 T-CAT said BYE BYE.... MY 800 polished and ported too.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
This is the first and last one of these ridiculous threads that I will ever reply in. 97snopro, are you seriously going to go into work and say "well, From the forums it looks like I have the faster sled, so let's just ride in single file formation and NOT side by side"? I would prefer it if people would just post their results, and then let the bickering begin. In your case with two sleds with some miles on them, the win will go to the best mechanic. You will have the advantage as your clutches will at least be aligned, due to the removed motor, and some fresh parts in the engine. Maybe rebuild your clutches while you wait for the engine. Maybe check all of the chassis bearings and alignment. The point is sleds wear quickly, and the one who can keep on top of it will have the advantage.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I raced one with my 900 t-cat and the 800 beat me out of the hole but at about 70 mph i was next to him and after 100 mph he was about 5 sleds behind me and was getting father away !!!!! when I did stop he said he was very impressed with the way my sled smoked his top end !! My studs were wore out where his were new !! So eat that !

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
gabernt raced his xcr and his t cat for some long pulls, 1/2 mile or 1 mile. on video . at the finish line they were within a sled length of each other.

stock for stock it would be a toss up, if one has a better track or setup a little better for the conditions it is anyones game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts