Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the big bore guys. Is 300hp achievable on a xcr base 1200 engine in full race form. Have a friend who says his is making [email protected] on a dyno without the numbers being manipulated.Been out of it for awhile but I thought the lack of case volume keep that number out of reach. Maybe times have changed.

·
Premium Member
15,635 Posts
It can be done. DTR has several tests showing it. Rob Schooping had a pump gas version that made 281.5 hp @ 8900 rpm. And a mod version that made 300.1 hp @ 9000 rpm.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
It can be done. DTR has several tests showing it. Rob Schooping had a pump gas version that made 281.5 hp @ 8900 rpm. And a mod version that made 300.1 hp @ 9000 rpm.
It takes a lot for the turbo sleds to make that much even. Is that pull and go, or is it finicky race only territory? Is that just a big bore? Or aftermarket cylinders, or the water craft based engine?

·
Premium Member
15,635 Posts
It takes a lot for the turbo sleds to make that much even. Is that pull and go, or is it finicky race only territory? Is that just a big bore? Or aftermarket cylinders, or the water craft based engine?
Pump gas versions are pull and go. Race versions probably more finicky. These are special cylinders on a ported case with billet stroker cranks. I believe there are other versions using 800 twin cylinders and 1200 watercraft cases. XCR 1250 has a 1250 and a 1214 so he can explain better.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are currently running 1200 watercraft base with 800ves race ported cylinders and epoxied cases.Crank Shop pipes @ 8500rpms. Not dynoed yet but I don,t think we are near 300hp. Watercraft based 1200s are a lot heavier than xcr based 1200,so we are at a weight disadvantage from the start. But boy does it have a lot of torque and case volume to play with.

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
according to a builder here in Norway who did many watercraft builds, 250-260 hp in pull & go / pump gas form for a mildly trailported 1200 wc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts