Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to hear opinions on how people feel the two suspensions differ..

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
IMO. The 2020 xcr calibrations we’re out to lunch. For a cross country racer. I’m guessing they would fix that for 21. The indy is ok if you ride groomed trails or trails with small chop. In the rough it’s mash potatoes. Both great sleds just need a lil tweak. IMO. I had a 19 indy and had to revalve both shocks and change springs out to make it rideable for me. The xcr. I rode all last year in stock form. I changed it all for this year. But at least it was ok for a season. As a side note. I find the doo mxz in stock form to be mash potatoes xrs is ok and same with cats regular sled. Mash potatoes. I guess most riders must want a slow speed small bump “plush ride” yuck.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Coupling isn’t available on the baler but you don’t need it because you stop and twist the preload on your rear shock and reset the compression and rebound adjusters every time you encounter a rough section of trail. Uh huh. You are retarded.
You obviously haven't ridden one much. Easy enough to change everything you need without getting off the seat. Every skid benefits from changing based on conditions, the baler just does it really easily

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
You obviously haven't ridden one much. Easy enough to change everything you need without getting off the seat. Every skid benefits from changing based on conditions, the baler just does it really easily
Agreed, I did not have to adjust it much except for changes in rider weight & saddlebag trips with the cargo rack loaded. The Switchback 137 length does reduce the need for suspension adjustment as well. The Switchback cargo rack also make it easy to pick up the back end of the sled.

I have felt that winning the IRON DOG competition in 2018 with a Pro-XC Polaris indicated how good it was. The MANY other Pro-XC sleds that finished in the top 20, also showed that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts