Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing some good deals on XCRs and was wondering if the XCR shock package can be set up to ride as plush as the pro s?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Sure, custom valving and maybe softer springs. Probably run you $500 ish. I don't want to quote prices for him, but Bruce at B-Line Control gets about that for rebuild and custom valving on the 4 Walker Evans Shocks. It truly transforms them. He is one of the best.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
'16 Pro S 800
Running XCR center shock with XCR spring plus XCR rear shock sporting Pro S spring, ride is phenomenal. Like the hi/lo shocks so much, will be moving to XCR front shocks next winter.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
'16 Pro S 800
Running XCR center shock with XCR spring plus XCR rear shock sporting Pro S spring, ride is phenomenal. Like the hi/lo shocks so much, will be moving to XCR front shocks next winter.

After playing with a bunch of combos last year, I’ve settled with XCR 2.0 FTS and XCR valving in the other 3, with S springs. I’m a lightweight that goes hard sometimes (and the occasional XC race) so I had to do something, this should be money

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Unless you’re a bigger guy, I don’t see it happening. The stiffer valving and springs of the XCR are made for beating on. The S is the plush cruiser trim

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
sleds are money pits anyway. buy the xcr and revalve the shocks. $500 is the same price as a wrap. so no big deal breaker here. and with the xcr you get a beefier chassis, chrome moly shit etc. a win win in my book. so it rides a little stiff. easily fixed.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
sleds are money pits anyway. buy the xcr and revalve the shocks. $500 is the same price as a wrap. so no big deal breaker here. and with the xcr you get a beefier chassis, chrome moly shit etc. a win win in my book. so it rides a little stiff. easily fixed.
I thought you were banned :dunno: Good to see you back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,463 Posts
Mama days the GDF is the devil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts