Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The assault is a different animal. No coupling yet a very traditional 90s-2000's rear shock geometry. Spring on the shock. That's not all bad but it is given the geometry of this arrangement.

This rear suspension was: cost
reduction+weight target+make it good enough for it's intended purpose. It's not really a "trail" sled. It's made to get you to illegal off trail riding and to assault your spine on the trails back. Mission accomplished.
What do you mean spring on shock?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I think he is referring to a different suspension, but guessing the reference is torsion springs compared to a coil that is "over" the shock.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went to the last solid click then stopped. If I pull the undercarriage out will I be able to tell if I blew the shock out?
Look for oil all over the shock and surrounding parts. Feel for oil with your bare hands all around the shock. I seriously doubt it’s blown. They just came with butter soft valving settings for the guys who want the XCR sticker but don’t actually ride the sled hard through bumps.

Sadly they still come with weak torsion springs like the XC. Same thing with skidoo. Everybody has to buy a set of Hd springs unless you are 160lb
No. Not true. Lenn the Polaris Ambassador said everything was perfect. What you need to do is soften your rear torsions and FTS pre-load and crank the clickers to their softest settings. All the way out. Then the sled will ride like a pillow, just don’t go too fast. Slow down for the bumps, enjoy the scenery and think about what you are going to order for lunch.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,474 Posts
Look for oil all over the shock and surrounding parts. Feel for oil with your bare hands all around the shock. I seriously doubt it’s blown. They just came with butter soft valving settings for the guys who want the XCR sticker but don’t actually ride the sled hard through bumps.

No. Not true. Lenn the Polaris Ambassador said everything was perfect. What you need to do is soften your rear torsions and FTS pre-load and crank the clickers to their softest settings. All the way out. Then the sled will ride like a pillow, just don’t go too fast. Slow down for the bumps, enjoy the scenery and think about what you are going to order for lunch.
Still waiting for you to line up a day to ride with Lenn. We're all pretty sick of listening to your Butter loose lips Flap. Mouth Flappers usually are just that. "Mouth Flapper's" I bet you can't even ride shit.

·
Registered
2021 Matryx 850 Vr1 137
2,330 Posts
I am not a suspension guru but I know when it doesn't work. I am just returning from a ride in the U.P.. We had two new xcrs, one new mxzx, and one 19 mxz xrs. I rode them all. My and my nephews xcrs bottomed excessively. Buy the end of the ride I had my rear shocks as stiff as they could go with springs set on high. I am 200 lbs. We do ride pretty hard so we are hitting the random wash outs at a pretty high pace. I felt my toe nails go through the top of my helmet more times than I can count. It also did horrible on the stutter bumps. Nephew had pretty much the same results. When I jumped on the ski doos they performed WAY better. What the hell am I doing wrong and how do I fix
Welcome to the XCR. So far my 20’ 21’ and the 22 I rode all bottomed fairly easy. I’m 175 riding weight and bottomed all of them more than they should. I’m beginning to think it’s the geometry of the skid. The more compression you throw at it or stiffer revalve, it rides like an empty dump truck everywhere else.

Doo seems to be able to get the best of both worlds, I’ll give them that.
I agree, What Polaris gives u is complete garbage out of the box vs a Doo X or XRS, Definitely needs revalve and springs. IMO throw away anything Walker Evans! Complete junk! With needle shocks and the sag Polaris rear skids have, put the needle in the stiff position and it makes it for a jarring ride in the smallest of bumps. Specially when u do the heavy duty springs

·
Registered
2021 Matryx 850 Vr1 137
2,330 Posts
Do the dual spring set up up front if u can? Last yr they I couldn't get dual springs for the IFS because of the res being mounted in middle of the shock body, gonna need a dual spring on the FTS aso along with valving. I'd get rid of the needles and have them valve them like a normal shock. Run the torsion springs that came with sled once all the shocks are sprung and revalved, im 210-215 and it was night and day difference. I used Monster performance, or HY Gear, everyone is expensive now when doing complete shock rebuilds. Thats why I say throw away the shitty Walker Evans and start with a FOX or someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to building shocks

·
Registered
870 Posts
Still waiting for you to line up a day to ride with Lenn. We're all pretty sick of listening to your Butter loose lips Flap. Mouth Flappers usually are just that. "Mouth Flapper's" I bet you can't even ride shit.
Agree. I wish the mods would just ban this loser.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I think the walkers have had some QC issues for sure. But I still think they are a very good shock. Modern sleds are almost too adjustable for the average guy imo, I think that's why the QS3's have been becoming more popular. I personally love to play with my suspensions to get the best I can out if them. Doo also watered the xrs' down substantially. As we all know, too many people buy the wrong sled for the stickers and it has made the manufacturers water down the bump sleds.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think the walkers have had some QC issues for sure. But I still think they are a very good shock. Modern sleds are almost too adjustable for the average guy imo, I think that's why the QS3's have been becoming more popular. I personally love to play with my suspensions to get the best I can out if them. Doo also watered the xrs' down substantially. As we all know, too many people buy the wrong sled for the stickers and it has made the manufacturers water down the bump sleds.
And this PRECISELY why I LOVE my 2017 R XC...

·
Registered
124 Posts
An internet race? To where? His favorite restaurant?

How is it that guys are already complaining about the Len approved XCR being too soft? I’m waiting for Len to start telling everyone to soften their settings to prevent bottoming out.

The ‘20 XCR came stock, set up for a 15 year old school girl who’s most exciting day was checking books out from the library. Len told everyone who complained about bottoming to soften their settings.

The new XCR still uses a junk needle RTS, soft torsions and soft IFS springs. Explain to me how this is miraculously going to be better?

81 - 96 of 96 Posts