Hardcore Sledder banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
So lets talk about the skid....did anyone try out the CC FTS springs? Does the FTS need to be revalved with the CC FTS spring? Rear torsion....just go up to the HD spring and revalve a bit? I reached out to Ian last week too.
i installed the CC FTS and heavy duty torsion springs on my XCR. I still need a revalve bit i am also 6’3” pushing 280 in gear. Was it a drastic improvement…YES it was.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Rear torsion spring kit PPN 2884977 is the HD spring and is less expensive that buying them individually. Not sure how to confirm what is in this torsion spring kit
is the same.
It is just sold as a kit, same HD springs, I got lucky and found a pair the day another customer backed out of them that he had ordered for a snow check that I think wasn't coming in anytime soon, so he cancelled, and I saved myself a nice chunk of money on the kit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i installed the CC FTS and heavy duty torsion springs on my XCR. I still need a revalve bit i am also 6’3” pushing 280 in gear. Was it a drastic improvement…YES it was.
Did you notice a big improvement in the studders? Mine seemed to blow thru the shock travel ( FTS) pretty easy resulting in it being harsh. The CC spring has a significantly higher start rate then the stock spring.

·
Vendor
11,171 Posts
we been doing this all year. spring from the c.c. with the valving and piston from the c.c. fts. 5wt oil @ 200 p.s.i. the rear heavy duty spring with 7 or 10 weight shock oil. huge difference without revalve. we have all this in stock. the XCR is way to soft stock. my 180 lb. son bottoms this out. not now.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts