Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Steering effort is defiantly greater but not terrible. Guess it could depend on your stud setup also. We all run 144-192 studs (1.625 triggers) and also put them on the outside of the track. Im sure this does not help with turning. A non studded sled might behave totally different.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Reactions: sledhead800

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So lets talk about the skid....did anyone try out the CC FTS springs? Does the FTS need to be revalved with the CC FTS spring? Rear torsion....just go up to the HD spring and revalve a bit? I reached out to Ian last week too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So lets talk about the skid....did anyone try out the CC FTS springs? Does the FTS need to be revalved with the CC FTS spring? Rear torsion....just go up to the HD spring and revalve a bit? I reached out to Ian last week too.
I did not touch any of the springs yet.... I know everyone says to upgrade the rear to the HD but it really does not sag out much when I sit on the sled. Everyone just keeps throwing more spring at these sleds and I feel like its just going to ride like a pogo stick. Ian re-valved both my FTS and RTS. I am going to start from there and see how it goes. The springs are always the easiest to change out mid season.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I have HD springs on the bench, and that was the reason I didn't install them, there was no way the stock valving would have handled it. Does anyone have contact info for monster? I like to talk over the phone personally. PM me if anyone has a good contact, I love hygear, but monster is more local and would love to give him a shot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have HD springs on the bench, and that was the reason I didn't install them, there was no way the stock valving would have handled it. Does anyone have contact info for monster? I like to talk over the phone personally. PM me if anyone has a good contact, I love hygear, but monster is more local and would love to give him a shot.
His phone number is on the header page of his website…

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now that the season is over I had some time to go over the sled and get it to the way I want. I sent out the shocks to get revalved and rebuilt from Monster performance. The rears were the main issue and bottomed frequently. Changed over all the gray parts over to white and got new decals to match. Clear wraped almost the whole sled with 3m paint protection film. Added some extra lighting as the high beam seems worse than my axys sled. Bought a set of lights off amazon rated at 1k lumen per side. Tapped the high beam switch for the trigger and added a relay. Used the 12v spare accessory plug for power. I think it should be an improvement but hard to tell sitting in the garage.
View attachment 2133318
View attachment 2133319

View attachment 2133320
View attachment 2133321
View attachment 2133322

View attachment 2133323
That is an awesome looking sled!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Those are some nice looking backers. Any opinions on these Stud Star backers?
I've really liked them. They're light. I did have two pull through, but not really the fault of the Stud Stars. Was giving it the berries in some off-trail powder and caught a log hiding underneath. Some like the rear of their sled to kick out a bit in corners. I think these reduce that a bit. Seem to really throw up a lot of snow, too.
Automotive tire Crankset Hood Motor vehicle Blue

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Reactions: sledhead800

·
Registered
139 Posts
Emailing Ian @ Monster a bit and he seems to think the CC spring has a far superior rate.

I'm curious if anyone has tried it either. 9k

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Emailing Ian @ Monster a bit and he seems to think the CC spring has a far superior rate.

I'm curious if anyone has tried it either. 9k
Yes I used that spring successfully in two sleds this winter both using a Rush XCR 2” fts with stock valving. I also used it on a 2019 Indy Axys fts and a VR-1 fts fits just fine but those two shocks still needed stiffer valving. Prior to using the CC spring I was using dual rate springs this worked as well as those without the added complexity of the crossover that wears the shock body’s thin.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes I used that spring successfully in two sleds this winter both using a Rush XCR 2” fts with stock valving. I also used it on a 2019 Indy Axys fts and a VR-1 fts fits just fine but those two shocks still needed stiffer valving. Prior to using the CC spring I was using dual rate springs this worked as well as those without the added complexity of the crossover that wears the shock body’s thin.
Yes definitely not a fan of the crossover. I put to many miles on. I'd be replacing shock bodies yearly .

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Rear torsion spring kit PPN 2884977 is the HD spring and is less expensive that buying them individually. Not sure how to confirm what is in this torsion spring kit
is the same.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts