Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Yea I have not found anything good to remove scratches in the panels. Automotive buffing compound will just dull the finish and make it worse. I clear wrapped all of the painted plastics and tunnel. Makes the black shine a lot more and hides any scratches. Wish I could have done it from day 1 but didn't get it till end of January and picked it up from the dealer on the way up north.

My sled was originally the black and silver.....that's why I had the silver seat. Only the red white and blue xcr had the white stripe on the seat. My group has all the colors
View attachment 2133452
The red/black XCR is a sharp combo too...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea I have not found anything good to remove scratches in the panels. Automotive buffing compound will just dull the finish and make it worse. I clear wrapped all of the painted plastics and tunnel. Makes the black shine a lot more and hides any scratches. Wish I could have done it from day 1 but didn't get it till end of January and picked it up from the dealer on the way up north.

My sled was originally the black and silver.....that's why I had the silver seat. Only the red white and blue xcr had the white stripe on the seat. My group has all the colors

View attachment 2133452

Have 2 in our stable. Love your color combo. Had to add some white to mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nice work! The black and white looks sharp. I always like it when a custom job looks "factory".
Here's what I did with mine. Maybe an idea for your bezel (black stripe for yours of course).

Snow Sky Blue Sports equipment Snowmobile

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Heavy steering effort with the C&As on the XCRs?
Just my 2cents... my 850 SBA came in late and from the time (well over a yr ago) I started reading all the guys that hated the pro steers and went to something else. I thought I’d be doing the same but I can say with confidence I know how a sled should Handel and one that isn’t handling well, I demand a sled that-will turn with confidence! I set all my suspension up to my weight , compression clicks right in the middle all the way around, put on a set of studboy shaper 7.5” . I have 1.6 cobra and no studs and did the shim job on the skis. Checked ski alignment (was right on) and I don’t think I would change a thing! I rode everything from groomed trail, rough trail , off trail and very hard pack and couldn’t find a better compromising set up! No complaints. I will I’m sure play with suspension for kicks but the turning ability of this sled is remarkable. I had a set of C&A skis from my 2018 viper ready to go on the assault but absolutely no need.

·
Registered
ZR8000 RR 2020 & ZR9000 RR 2019
393 Posts
Just my 2cents... my 850 SBA came in late and from the time (well over a yr ago) I started reading all the guys that hated the pro steers and went to something else. I thought I’d be doing the same but I can say with confidence I know how a sled should Handel and one that isn’t handling well, I demand a sled that-will turn with confidence! I set all my suspension up to my weight , compression clicks right in the middle all the way around, put on a set of studboy shaper 7.5” . I have 1.6 cobra and no studs and did the shim job on the skis. Checked ski alignment (was right on) and I don’t think I would change a thing! I rode everything from groomed trail, rough trail , off trail and very hard pack and couldn’t find a better compromising set up! No complaints. I will I’m sure play with suspension for kicks but the turning ability of this sled is remarkable. I had a set of C&A skis from my 2018 viper ready to go on the assault but absolutely no need.
That's pretty much what my dealer told me. He could have taken my money and brought in a pair of C&A but he advised me not to waste the money. If the sled is set up right and I'm not happy, then I can always order them in at a later date.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Definitely stronger. And the sled actually goes where you point it
Nobody seems to say or mention if they tried putting a quality bit more aggressive bar on the pro steers... along with a good suspension setting as a start. ... they just toss the pro steers to the curb? Honestly, I took a good look at the profile ( bottom of) the pro steer and the C&As I have and said I think all this pro steer ski needs is a good bar on the bottom.. yes the C&As have options for keel and profile but that’s not always what’s needed. Also, I never seen anyone break/ snap a ski?

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136"
1,353 Posts
I put 7.5" shapers on my pro steers from day 1, sled is dialed in, put 1600 miles on them, there an ok ski, not great in fresh snow but on groomed trail there a good all around ski, I want something that has a bigger and longer keel, is more aggressive and a stronger ski, and I have seen a broken pro steer last year in our group, he claims he hit nothing. I'll be keeping my pro steers as back up and they'll go with the sled when I sell it.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts