Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the season is over I had some time to go over the sled and get it to the way I want. I sent out the shocks to get revalved and rebuilt from Monster performance. The rears were the main issue and bottomed frequently. Changed over all the gray parts over to white and got new decals to match. Clear wraped almost the whole sled with 3m paint protection film. Added some extra lighting as the high beam seems worse than my axys sled. Bought a set of lights off amazon rated at 1k lumen per side. Tapped the high beam switch for the trigger and added a relay. Used the 12v spare accessory plug for power. I think it should be an improvement but hard to tell sitting in the garage.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exhaust

Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136"
1,353 Posts
Looks awesome, XPT ski's? Did Ian do anything special to the shocks? I'm on the fence whether to send mine to Monster or Hygear, I've used Monster several times with great results.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,017 Posts
I have a white Sentry front bumper still in the wrapper that would look sick on that sled! Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Nice build. I'm digging the color combo. Need a little white on the tunnel of some kind imo. Maybe even a white rear bumper to tie it all together. Just my .02

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: denali1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea C&A XPT skis. I ran them prior on my assault and they seemed pretty good on the sled this year.

I just tell Ian what my issue is and fill out his service sheet with all the information. He has always done a great job for me in past and I just let him do his thing and trust that it will be an improvement. I'm sure Hygear is good too but they are certainty not cheap $$$$

The rear wheels are just white vinyl. I wrapped the handguard pieces with it and cut a bunch of strips and put them in the wheel indents. Did it previously on my assault and never had any peel out or have any issues.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,866 Posts
Very sharp!! Kudo's to the picture you saw in your mind on this one. It worked out very well. "Me Likie" (y)
White always does it for me but for some reason I've never owned or built one in this direction.
Very nice job!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very sharp!! Kudo's to the picture you saw in your mind on this one. It worked out very well. "Me Likie" (y)
White always does it for me but for some reason I've never owned or built one in this direction.
Very nice job!!
Thanks.....I wish I could envision a 900 kit in there also 😂

Had a couple friends order boosts for next year. Figured if I cant be the fastest might as well try to be the best looking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a seat cover that would look good on your sled. White stripe on it. Nice combo. Not going to see very many xcr’s like that.
I did think about doing the white stripe seat. I saw a complete one on ebay the other day for $250....Hard to spend that much just for a white stripe :cautious:.

I would have to look closer...Isnt there like 100 staples holding the seat cover on. Not sure how hard it would be to swap out and get it installed tight.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I did think about doing the white stripe seat. I saw a complete one on ebay the other day for $250....Hard to spend that much just for a white stripe :cautious:.

I would have to look closer...Isnt there like 100 staples holding the seat cover on. Not sure how hard it would be to swap out and get it installed tight.
I really don’t think it will be bad the new cover goes on without much pulling. As for the staples yeah there are a lot. Good staple gun makes quick work.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts