Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xcr switchback that I love it can ride tug hill one weekend and go to Quebec the next with the racks put on it. My 19 xc witch I upgraded springs and shocks in does not even come close to the versatility of the xcr. I hope polaris does not give up on the hay baler I want a new one next year. Guys that have rode both what do you think?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I agree, I am kicking myself for not snow checking an xcr switchback 850 last spring.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That is the conundrum that I'm in, XCR 136 Pro XC vs 2021 XCR 137 with probably new body style and maybe new 600. What concerns me about the Pro XC is having it be too sensitive for changing rider weights and conditions, as it is going to ridden by my big ass along, with a kid and then wife with kid.

If Poo makes us an offer we can't refuse with February incentives/financing, then I'm probably going to snatch up a '19 or '20 XCR 136. If not, probably sno-checking a 2021 XCR 137.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Bayler is super easy to change for conditions. One of its best traits. Also takes seconds to go from 210lb rider to a 130lb rider. Good luck doing that on the new Indy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also like how fast I can adjust the rear on a pro xc for adding the adventure rack and bags plus gas. Couple turns and I'm there.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,971 Posts
Haven't ridden the new chassis yet, but unless it makes my '18 XCR feel like a wedge, I'll be keeping this XCR for a LONG time if they drop that chassis. And in my case, that will require a few rebuilt motors.

·
Registered
636 Posts
it's funny....all the magazines and tv shows go on how awesome the new chassis is but everyone here that has ridden both prefer the bayler. i have 2 baylers and love them both but haven't got a ride on the new yet

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
It pretty much a tie in my book. I haven’t had any problems to say with the full tunnel cc but But the xc Baler cools better than anything else on the market. Which is nice.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Everyone I've talked to this weekend in Maine who had a previous ProS and bought a 19 or 20 Indy all said the Indy was a much better sled over the S . Even the women going from a S to Indy and passed down the S to a kid or friend to ride. I love my S after adding Exit X2s shocks and the stage2 BMP kit , but I'm over it. Suspension is to dependent on the shocks cause no torsion springs, and the horrible looking storage for big weekend rides, all the loose and worn out bushings in the rear braces, I'm over it, give me a solid tunnel

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had both a 17 XCR 800 and now a 20 XCR 850. In 19 I had an Indy XC 850. Looking back on it I should have got a 20 Rush Pro-S 850 and upgraded the shocks myself along with the brakes. However, both are good choices and there are pros and cons to each. If you use each the way they were intended you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
i bought my 18 xcr as a leftover from the dealer's website. showed up and signed the papers. i was not sure if i wanted a first year 850 or an 800 near the end of it's run. chose the 800 as it was what i wanted and they had a black xcr leftover. i walk in and there was a 2019 xcr 850 short track sitting there. good thing i didn't know that was there. wasn't on the website for some reason. that 850 in xcr trim must be crazy!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,269 Posts
I still prefer my '17 XCR over Indy CC. I swapped a lot of seat time last year between my XCR and dad's '19 Indy 850.
Both great machines though. I'm little more aggressive rider, so that's the difference I feel. Indy excels better in stutters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a '17 Pro-S 800 120" and loved it. Surprised the crap out of me after coming from Doo. Then 18 and 19 had Doos, 2020 bought an XRS850, sold it cause I found a 2020 XCR 850 Indy. I LIKE the Indy, but that 120" Pro S was a weapon in the woods....almost drove itself, and turned like a dream with very little effort.

I'd trade my 850 XCR 128" for a Pro S 850 120".

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had two hay balers and I love them in the woods and the big holes and ditch banging I have my doubts about the Indy being as great as people say ?

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
There is no set it and forget it sled. Bayler allowed those adjustments quickly, Indy not so much. Pretty sure the love for the Indy is a few things: 1) owners who always like what they have, 2) those who want storage and just want to forget how great the lack of storage alternative was, and 3) those who never set the bayler up in the first place right. Indy is easier to set up and more forgiving which is not a positive IMO.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'm on a new Indy XC 850 this year and can tell you from my experience it rides better on the studder bumps then the bailer XCR or pro s I previously owned, don't get me wrong I did like the quick turn around and readjusting of the rear shock but after side by side comparison of all 3 the indy is smoother

1 - 20 of 53 Posts