Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the information on having the shocks on a 2020 XCR set up to race specs ?
Even dialing up the numbers is not where they should be....
Valving numbers ?
In Canada and would like my local guy to do the upgrade
Thanks

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
i Just got my rear shocks back from hygear. They did machine work to adjusters ,extensive valving , different pistions , oil ,dual rate fts spring , a brass bushing. And shock dynoed them. To make sure all was good. I also purchased heavy rear torsion springs. Hopefully this gets me straightened out.because it was not cheap. I played with stock components in all configurations last year to no avail. The 2020 calibrations for an xcr. We’re poor. Damn mash potatoes. I believe you can also find some specs on the race dept web sight under 2020 xcr 600 cross country terrain racing. And those parts are availible from walker Evans. I have no idea how that set up is either. Bunker racing may have a handle on them also. Idk.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Hygear has a 2020 xcr 850 . So I don’t think they are just guessing on the set up. Seeing that they have one I’m hoping they got it dialed right in. My hopes are high.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
i Just got my rear shocks back from hygear. They did machine work to adjusters ,extensive valving , different pistions , oil ,dual rate fts spring , a brass bushing. And shock dynoed them. To make sure all was good. I also purchased heavy rear torsion springs. Hopefully this gets me straightened out.because it was not cheap. I played with stock components in all configurations last year to no avail. The 2020 calibrations for an xcr. We’re poor. Damn mash potatoes. I believe you can also find some specs on the race dept web sight under 2020 xcr 600 cross country terrain racing. And those parts are availible from walker Evans. I have no idea how that set up is either. Bunker racing may have a handle on them also. Idk.
XCR Shock Setup Specs start on page 4

This one has shock specs for XC

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Scroll down on first link. And it will get to shocks also. There was more somewhere also. About what piston to use and drilling it out to a strain spec. But that may have changed. To what is listed now. But I see shim stacks listed also. And springs.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I see now one says terrain racing and one says aggressive terrain racing. (As if someone is non agressive racing ) lol. I also see the calibrations are differnet. But anyway to the OP. There are some options for you.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Oh I got it now. The top link is for 2020 xcr terrain racing calibrations. Scroll down it’s there. The second link is for indy xc. Aggressive terrain calibrations. These sleds have different shocks from the factory. I’ve had both sleds.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
interesting I assumed the 2020 Xcr was for the procc. As I think that is the sled they raced. So I figured those were the specs for it. Something to note is that juts packing spring to a sled Potentially creates a springboard on a sled with no rebound adjusters. For whatever it’s worth. Hygear puts them on a shock dyno besides field testing and can see how they work and the deficiency in areas . I personally feel that springs alone is not the answer. But to each thier own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone have the information on having the shocks on a 2020 XCR set up to race specs ?
Even dialing up the numbers is not where they should be....
Valving numbers ?
In Canada and would like my local guy to do the upgrade
Thanks

The specs on the lh is stock (600 not 850) I revolved my shocks to the xcr race spec except for the shim changes that are wrote on the rh side of the compression spec. Left the stock springs in and left the stock piston orfice hole, which I have somewhere but cannot find the measurement, hole was smaller than race spec so left that alone to keep the oil restricted going through the piston. Ran nitrogen 200psi. Sled is 100% better. Only bottom out on holes that you should bottom out. Clicker can be left in the soft to medium range for riding so have plenty of adjustment with the clickers. I weigh 220/230 full gear. It’s a good starting point way better than stock. Left front ski shocks alone.

·
Vendor
10,165 Posts
use heavier oil. stock shock oil is 5wt go to 7wt. this makes a big difference. we do stuff like this all the time. we have a rear track shock up grade for the f-7 using 90 wt gear oil that kept them not to bonce on take off. (grass race sleds) think outside the box work's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i can confirm springs alone are not the answer…

the velocity shocks are terrible. mostly a gimmick imo. swapped back to the older clicker is a night and day difference. don't go by the race dept specs sheet. its setup for mid west ditch riding. if you're in the northeast it will be unridable. went through that already xc racing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts