Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at geting a XCR and they seemto me like one of the if not the best triple ever assembled. so i was wondering about things to look for that couldbe going wrong

also I like the gen2 but i also like the aggressive chassis but i heard the track clearence in the front is very limited? what are the limitationsof the aggressive compaered to the gen2

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I have been looking at geting a XCR and they seemto me like one of the if not the best triple ever assembled. so i was wondering about things to look for that couldbe going wrong
also I like the gen2 but i also like the aggressive chassis but i heard the track clearence in the front is very limited? what are the limitationsof the aggressive compaered to the gen2[/b]
there is no doubt the Gen2 is a far better chassis. the Agressive chassis does not handle and is way heavier, it works well for groomed trails and smooth lakes. the only real problem that sufaces with any 800 triple is the water pump. the seals start to leak and you'll notice coolant coming out the weap hole before it fails. pretty easy and cheap to rebuild, so no real worries with the XCR 800. i still have my '00 and don't plan on letting it go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
there is no doubt the Gen2 is a far better chassis. the Agressive chassis does not handle and is way heavier, it works well for groomed trails and smooth lakes. the only real problem that sufaces with any 800 triple is the water pump. the seals start to leak and you'll notice coolant coming out the weap hole before it fails. pretty easy and cheap to rebuild, so no real worries with the XCR 800. i still have my '00 and don't plan on letting it go.[/b]

i would have to agree i have a 99 xcr 700 with a 800 engine and i find the front ends r heavier until i put on the lexan hood then i would say there a great sled. also the aggressive chassis is limited in track clearance not only in the front and the heat exchanger but a little further up, im runnin a 136" x 1.187" and i would say a 1.5" lug would rub... so if ur looking at buyin a sled to just ride ya id say gen2, i just like the aggressive because not many ppl have them and they look sick done up!!

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Don't discount the Edge-XCR's that sometime come up for sale!!

I love my 00 xcr but my Edge-XCR is probably gona surepass the love real quick

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,163 Posts
Roger, do you think a Edge XCR ???? can equal the topend mph of a Gen2 ????, using the best setup available in each, both also running the stock rear skids they came with? Myself I don't think so

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I agree that Gen II XCR Apples to Edge XCR Apples the Gen II will out run the Edge by only a few mph on the lake.. the Edge-XCR has it all over the Gen II every where else..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts