Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I am confused by Line Lock on a single brake system for a drag sled??
I thought line locks where for front tire lock up for burn out purposes
I guess you could use it for staging / holshot but I dont think guys use line locks on tar purpose
drag sled

Battery Charging I would look at some Polaris sleds that use batteries for Electric start they
If you do not need line lockyou dont need a battery

I run a battery on my prostock ice sled that uses a Milwaukee M18 Battery with a custom Billet Battery holder and runs my electric water pump all day I do keep 2 Batteries charged in case I run out of juice , 2 second replacement of battery if needed.

I have No experience of HEC Pipes , but would expect if they go in to stock OEM XCR exhaust Can you would want to keep and run an aftermarket can like an MBRP very light for race applications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HUGE thanks to rodger

I am a newbie in the 2 cycle world, used to bracket race a car, but due to cost and 3 hr tow have went with 99 xcr..
Long story short Rodger has passed me knowledge that I could find nowhere else on the net..You sir are a kind generous man for sharing, and taking the time to do so.
I just wanted to share how fortunate this forum is to have a particapant like Rodger on here.

Okay off my knees now. thank you once againvery calgary alberta canada
Rick A

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Rodger, am going to track this weekend...work is slow so will enjoy the time. When you put electric water pump on your sled did you take impeller out of stock pump? what type of electric pump did you use.
With the rad on mine the misses drove it around laneway for 20 mins without an issue. went to 180*. Electric pump would make cooling far better as I plan on running in 2 classes, bike/sled and no box [cars].
Thanks for all the help, machined weights down by one gram mostly center what a difference..rpm still falls a bit more then i would like but need to try on track for the longer run..Again thanks Rick Avery

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hello Rodger, am going to track this weekend...work is slow so will enjoy the time. When you put electric water pump on your sled did you take impeller out of stock pump? what type of electric pump did you use.
With the rad on mine the misses drove it around laneway for 20 mins without an issue. went to 180*. Electric pump would make cooling far better as I plan on running in 2 classes, bike/sled and no box [cars].
Thanks for all the help, machined weights down by one gram mostly center what a difference..rpm still falls a bit more then i would like but need to try on track for the longer run..Again thanks Rick Avery
Hey Rick

I'll have to dig to see what I used for a elec water pump

But I removed my OEM Pump all together and blocked off the cavity with a machined plate of billet.

and I run coolant line direct to the front of the water jacket case.

Not sure why you are falling off on rpm at the top end, it could be a few things, from being too rich or Lean on jetting ~ weak stiff springs or too steep of a helix

I would go up on jetting to start make sure you are NOT lean 1st..

time to tune:thumbsup:

good luck this weekend

·
Premium Member
16,076 Posts
Need help with a 2000 and 2001 xcr 800 need a air box with dual outlets for the 2000 and where do I get cheap reads and valve boots. My email is [email protected]. Also good track extenders and rails?
Cheap reeds? V-Force? My Canadian Brother-in-law has a set. Screen name is EFFIE on HCS. Also may have a two inlet airbox. Can bring across border in a week or so when we go riding in Gaylord.

Might even have 136" rail and tunnel extenders. If not, call tracksUSA.

BTW, BIL is selling a very nice 2000 XCR and a huge selection of XCR parts if anyone is interested. Exchange rate is very favorable right now. Wants $3500 Canadian for XCR and $1500 US $ for parts. Hurry, as a guy from NW Territories and another from Quebec is trying to buy everything right now.:bc:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ran my bone trail stock 2001 xcr 800 at the ice drags on the weeked and best pass was 93.5mph in a 1/4 mile what can i do to up the mph without doing any motor work? I do ride this sled on the trails

·
Registered
4 Posts
2001 polaris xc 800

I am brand new to this forum as of today. I have done a lot of mechanic work on trucks and thought that changing head and base gaskets would be a breeze. It was leaking under clutch side base gasket. Needless to say, broke rings and bought new ones and broke them too. Mangled up the junk paper base gaskets and got it all together and fired right up but not sounding great. I began filling coolong system and it began leaking out of head and bolts. I tore it all back down and thete it sits. What suggestions can i get from you guys? Metal base gaskets? Sealer in certain areas? New pistons? And if so best tools techniques for changing pistons. I think i have adequate skill in getting jugs back onto pistons. I really need help getting this sled back out there

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

New to the forum! Running newer Polaris sleds up in Norway for about 15 years now. Mostly RMK and backcountry riding.

But, I also have a very nice 2000 XCR 800 with extended track and about 6000 miles on it. Lately it has been difficult to start, and when I come of the throttle it idles on high rpm. I have to use the choke to lower it.

Pulled the carbs and found that I have the green sliders. Looks worn but no cracks that I could see.

Thought I would change them, and pull the VES too and clean it.

Alot of good tips on this page, but does anyone have links to where I can get the parts?
Also want to get a torque arm, and any other upgrades that will keep my sled running for years to come :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hi!

New to the forum! Running newer Polaris sleds up in Norway for about 15 years now. Mostly RMK and backcountry riding.

But, I also have a very nice 2000 XCR 800 with extended track and about 6000 miles on it. Lately it has been difficult to start, and when I come of the throttle it idles on high rpm. I have to use the choke to lower it.

Pulled the carbs and found that I have the green sliders. Looks worn but no cracks that I could see.

Thought I would change them, and pull the VES too and clean it.

Alot of good tips on this page, but does anyone have links to where I can get the parts?
Also want to get a torque arm, and any other upgrades that will keep my sled running for years to come :)

Thanks!

Hi Thomas

Welcome to the HCS Forum.. as and FYI We have a Facebook Page XCR 800 Owners up and going also if you are a facebook person

Polaris Black Carb Slide Update we have been using Arctic Cat Part Number 6506-119

These are the same slides and less costly than Polaris replacements.

Look here about 78$ each

https://www.arcticcatpartsnation.com/oemparts/partsearch/arctic_cat

There are 2 typical Torq Arms..

My Preference is the One they call the Ninja Torq arm
and I do not see them on Ebay "where they typically sell"

Let me ask the guy I know that has them and I'll get back to you

The 2nd Arm is from Wahl Brother Racing

Torque Arms :: Chassis Components :: Wahl Bros. Racing

Part # 11-276

Torque Arm, Polaris '99-02 XCR 700/800 Triple, Ultra, XCR600 Special & Storm

Roger

41 - 60 of 61 Posts