Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Motor Mounts XCR

Front motor mounts 77 durometer (maybe 90 durometer only available now)
Rear motor mounts oem
Add torque arm link (clutch side)
Torque stop (no gap)

That is the way my machine is set-up with no issue.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I still have that issue..

I'll have to look I believe the cover said: Wicked Fast!!!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Does anybody know why polaris only made the 700 xcr for one year?
actually 2 years 98 non ves 700 and 99 ves 700 xcr's along bigger brother 800 ves triple :buttrock:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just had xcr1250 calibrate my tach. I was running 10-64's and it was turning 8500rpm. It was actually spinning 8100. Off quite a bit.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Registered
769 Posts
front torque arm

What do you guys mean when you say to mount the front torque arm in a lower hole?? Where is this hole?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Anyone have a PDF copy of the service manual?

Is the walker no water coolant worth it? Rebuilding the pump in the summer and might spring for the spendy coolant.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wanted to share this tip it may come in handy some day for one of you.
I had to replace the Jackshaft on my 99 700 recently when compared to the one in my parts sled (96 600 xcr SP) all measurements were the same except on the later models the clutch end bearing is spaced out what turns out to be exactly one bearing width closer to the clutch end which meant the shoulder the bearing sits against is closer to the end of the shaft. As a solution I took a cutoff wheel and a 4 inch grinder and sliced the outer race and removed it and the balls and used the inner race as a spacer. The distance worked out perfectly. There is also a small step in the shaft where the bearing rides its about .001 larger than the clutch end diameter a bit of a press fit, which is not critical to correct bearing internal clearance. The bearing fits almost snug on the shaft in the non stepped area so I applied some very good adhesive (sleevelocker would be best) to take up the clearance and keep the shaft mated to the inner race. Saved a bunch of money and time. The fit was good enough I dont have any concern about future problems.

·
Registered
438 Posts
This one should probably have its own thread as its probably fairly common and is easy to overlook. I feel i am pretty tedious when it comes to details yet overlooked this for years. Someone may have posted already if so, I apologize for the duplicate.
When reinstalling VES valves take note the gaskets only match the ports correctly in one direction. The hole location for the alignment dowel and the actuator port is slightly different. If installed incorrectly the actuator port will be partially blocked by your gasket. For me i believe it was the difference between winning and losing.
Its also a good idea to put a thin layer of grease or anti seize on the both surfaces or both sides of gasket prior to installation. This will enable you to reuse the same gaskets for years. And it makes the cleaning process exponentially easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
99 800 drag sled..new to this

I have bought a 99 800 converted to drag sled in 99..1st owner/ builder did decent work, 2 owner not so much. I am 3rd.
I have changed cooling mounting a rad with fan[ninja 600] Cleaned up wiring..This is where I need some knowledge,have battery for line lock, which wire coming from engine can I use to charge battery..

Also being new to this opinions on the following. has LECTRON carbs, HEC pipes..can I remove can without loosing power. Has Avenger111, havent adventured into that yet.EGT and temp rpm, no jack shaft sensor

Engine is stroked to 960 runs on c112 mixed 40-1, oil, injection removed, end of block plugged..Was told this engine peaks at 8700??
Changed drivers from 10 to 9 tooth. Secondary yellow spring 2nd notch shim 2.3mm. heavy hitter arms 60.5gms empty 64grms with bolts
:fistpump2:
I have drag raced cars a far bit but 2 stroke stuff is a new territory for me. Any advice most appreciated. Thank you

Witnessed this sled run 10.32 @ 4000 ft.

After reading my post I need alot of knowledge:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts