how fast they go?
Gas milage?
Reliability

any info would be great

thanx :div20:

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
is it an XLT block or Ultra based 600?? they are two completely different sleds!! if the cylinders are one block it is and XLT base motor, if they are seperate cylinders it is an Ultra based motor. we'll be able to help you out more with knowing what you're looking at. Brian.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i had one it was a pretty good sled didnt give me any probs. about 9-10 mpg mine had a clutch kit in it. full out run about a half mile on radar did about 106 was a very nice riding sled.96 xcr sp with stock tripple pipes.zrt6 or f3 600 probably was a little faster. if it was the regulart xcr 600 that was a good sled too

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Originally posted by AKRAY4PLAY@Sep 16 2005, 10:19 PM
is it an XLT block or Ultra based 600?? they are two completely different sleds!! if the cylinders are one block it is and XLT base motor, if they are seperate cylinders it is an Ultra based motor. we'll be able to help you out more with knowing what you're looking at. Brian.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=878615
[/quote]

Im the one that made this thread I just made it under my friends name because we are goin to look at it for him

But we havnt looked at it yet is what way worse than the other?? If so whats worse about it?

He' gettin it for $600 all it need is a track and i got one for it im givin him and the guy said its in great shape

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
either xcr 600 will be good for that price. i had a 95 xcr 6 which is the mono block tripple had a 96 xcr sp ultra based motor. both were good.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
that sled has a few little issue to attend to. the fuel curves are way off, you need bigger needle jets to fatten up the midrange. the ignition advance curve could also be updated, call Hotseat for the reprogram. it costs about $70 to redue the CDI. a little reclutching and it will rip! those sleds have issues, but when straightened out they really perform.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by AKRAY4PLAY@Sep 17 2005, 08:50 PM
that sled has a few little issue to attend to. the fuel curves are way off, you need bigger needle jets to fatten up the midrange. the ignition advance curve could also be updated, call Hotseat for the reprogram. it costs about $70 to redue the CDI. a little reclutching and it will rip! those sleds have issues, but when straightened out they really perform.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879603
[/quote]
To be exact if it is the reed valved individual cylinder triple piped triple, it is a beautiful black sapphire metallic in the first year Aggressive Body.

It is a 1996 600 XCR SP production was limited to only a couple sleds per dealer.

I put 4500 miles on mine in the first year, it had a flat spot in midrange which could be improved with carburetor changes, including drilling out the opening in the carburetor that provided flow for the pilot jet system. Many also had good luck with UFO system under the slide valves to improve throttle response.

It has an Xtra-10 rear suspension, a non CRC front end and a four driver drive axle. Four Fox shocks were used.

Make sure you have oil in the compartment you can see thru the sight gauge on the front of the crankcase. This drives the waterpump, it takes 0W-40.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i think i have a hotseat clutch kit in my garage for that sled yet if interested only missing 1 spring i think. was way better than the stock clutching. this thing was cluched like a total bag of shit out of the box too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts