Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I just picked up a 99 XCF with 826 miles on it. Unfortunately it was neglected. I found it after it sat outside on a trailer for two years...Gas looked like Hi-C. I drained the gas and cleaned the carbs twice now. The sled starts on the first or second pull and runs pretty well. I think I need to adjust the clutch some as I can barely get it over 60mph on fresh powder with an ice base. The real problem I have though that I need some direction on is the lights in the dash and rear tail light work as well as the heated hand grips however the dim and high beam headlights are not working. The high beam indicator on the instrument cluster lights up. The first time I started the sled up they worked and during a ride they quit. The next time I started it up they weren't working and after about 30 minutes of riding they spontaneously kicked on, but the last few times I have rode they will not turn on. I checked one of the bulbs and it appears the filament is in good shape. Any ideas??

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
When the lights aren't working unplug the voltage regulator. Its on the right footwell. If they light up bad regulator and thats common. But don't touch the throttle with the regulator unplugged, increasing rpm will blow all the bulbs. On the other hand It can be 1sec of fun to see how bright they get before they all go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the Hi/Lo light out and I have continuity on one side but not the other. So I am believe the Hi beam is burnt out. I am going to try and replace the bulb and see if that fixes it as the Hi/Lo beam button is missing and will not switch off of Hi beams when dressing the white switch where the button should be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts