Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 xc800 that came with a 136" conversion kit (tunnel extender, rail extenders, track) when I bought it. If I do the conversion does this typically raise or lower the value of an otherwise stock sled? Also do I have to add any wheels to the skid? How much top end will I loose? Any other mods that I would have to do to make this work properly? The sled already has a clutch kit. If anybody has pictures of xcsp's with 136" kits on them please show them to me.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I don't think it raises or lowers it, depending on the buyer of course. I didn't add any wheels to the skid and I haven't had the sled on the lake to see what kind of top end (if any) I lost. The new track was lighter than the old one with all the picks I had in it.

You'll have to do something about the coolant crossover hose in the rear of the tunnel. The 01s have the hose in the tunnel. The 02s have them through the trunk of the sled. I took the coolers out, cut the ends off, and had them re-welded on the top of the coolers.

My sled was already clutched/geared and I didn't change a thing. Works great!

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
you may loose 3~5 mph top speed with the same track profile. I would gear down some when you have the chain case apart . Every polaris sled is geared way to fast out of the box. 24/41 is good for a 1" track , 24/42 for a 1.25" if you go taller then this 23/42 or 43. My feeling is that anyone that know this sport would be willing to pay slightly more for a good running well built long track conversion , def not as much money as it cost to do the conversion.

I run a 2003 prox 700 136" with a 1 1/4" studed ripsaw with it geared 23/43, My last sled was a 2001 xc 800. If you do a long track kit to your 2001 xc I would find a set of 2002 and newer tunnel cooler strips and add the aux cooler kit also. Long track kits make a sled run warmer because the snow at the flap is not getting kicked up into the cooler, they stop about 10" short of the end of the tunnel. I know the polaris kit is big money but it comes with longer coolers , and one piece rails.... well worth it in my book. I run a tracks USA kit on my prox , well built and take a beating without failer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine now seeing we don't have any snow here yet, mine has a mechanical reverse so I went with a 24/41 to start with being in Mich, I think it will work ok, I pieced my kit together but I'm using Tracks rail extensions, and SLP Tunnel extension and a Camoplast 1 1/4 connected cone track, I'll have it all back together later this afternoon I'll take a pic when I get finished.

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
2873581 is the number on the kit i used. It use to be around a $300 kit then polaris jacked the price WAY up when the 136" conversion became popular. Like $550 now.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yikes..
2873581 TRACK KIT,121"TO136"EDGE 121" $629.99

You still have to buy the track yet too !!![/b]
Jeez! You'd think they'd be able to keep the price lower if the volume goes up.

Ok plan B, Who has the best aftermarket 136 conversion?

Tracks usa looks pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.