Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i'm looking into buying a 1998 xc700...just wanted to kno a couple things. That year were they any good, were they reliable? What should the compression be? And how many miles it can take before it should be rebuilt. Thanks

·
Banned
837 Posts
I had a 99 xcsp 700, it was an outstanding sled, I loved it, with a little clutching, carb work and v-force reeds, I destroyed plenty of Yamaha SRXs. The '99 is the Gen II chassis, '98 is the old wedge chassis, if you can find a good deal on a '99, definately go with the Gen II over the old wedge. By the way 1999 700 XCSP was voted snowmobile of the year by Snow Goer magazine, I see you're only 15 yrs. old, that's alot of motor for a 15 yr. old, good luck and be safe. :div20:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
good sled, look for broken motor mountsby prying the front of the motor up
also look at the numbers cast into the bottom of the cylinders they will end in 824 or 220 the 824s should be ran at 8000 rpm the 220s had about 5 more hp and should be run at 7700-7800 we'll get you dialed in on cluching and jetting

·
Registered
403 Posts
Got my xc700 3 years ago when I was your age. Very reliable sled. LOve it alot. You can do alot to that sled to make it even better than it already is stock. If you have any questions in particular just ask but when people tell you to be careful with that much power at your age make sure you listen cause i was told that and thought I knew everything and that sled threw me off a few times! Good luck. :div20:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts