Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks this is a pretty simple swap. I have maybe a little over an hour into it. I would have wrapped it up tonight, but am getting a few pieces bent up for the front. Basically I felt it would be easier, cleaner, and stronger to get a few pieces bent rather than try to use the old ones. Since the front holes move forward and up in the tunnel it really was easier to just get a few pieces made.

Here are pics of the rear, I was able to use the same "bracket" or support from the rear I just had to remove it and relocate it a little bit. I searched all over for a rivit that would work right and never found one. I ended up using allen head bolts with the rounded edge and washer and nylock nut on the back. Once I get all the brackets in I "may" replace the nylock nut with a standard nut and lock washer. Im not sure yet. That would be a simple change. I also found the bolts I was using in stainless and may end up going that route. Again simple swap if I feel the need. But these are good enough to get it mocked up and back on the ground, if everything is a go then I can look at cleaning it up a little bit.

here is a pic from under the rail (note when mocking it up, make sure the new mounting hole will not come out into one of the reinforcement bends in the existing bracket - notice the two extra holes - yep, didnt take that into account)

A couple pics from inside the tunnel - you can see the new mounting hole down a little and to the left of the original.

the front will be a little trickier but not much. Checking the mounting of the Edge suspension I can easily get away with the nuts inside, just going to brain storm wether the nylock nuts will work better or standard nut and lock washer.

I was going to take pics of the process step by step, but it was going so fast and easy I didnt even bother, kinda slipped my mind. As for the rivets that were in there, I drilled them out enough to get the brackets off, then with a hammer pouned them back over the original hole. I "think" it will keep them in place and sealed up. If not, that might be a summer fix....its purely cosmetic.

Here are a few pics of the original ride height, from last year... Dec 14 and out on the trails. Anyone remember that?

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
Polaris had 3/16" steel "Z" rivets already painted black that i use. they are TOUGH. All i could do to "pop" them by hand. Bought a pneumatic gun for them now. Same rivet polaris uses to attach the footwells and various brackets all over the sled. they are gold colored on edge chassis sleds and black colored on the older stuff . .25$ each from polaris, come in bags of 50.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.