Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, can you show off some of your XC converted to long tracks. When all the parts come in, I'm putting a 144" on my 98 XC 600. For a Cat guys, I'm getting pretty excited. So, I'll take pics before and after, and during. But, I'd like to see some of yours.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet. This weekend I am going home to watch my brother play his football game Friday night, then Saturday we're going to drop the rear skid out of the XC and the track. The rail and tunnel extensions came the day after I ordered them. Bruce from Tracks USA is great to deal with. He's sending me Hifax that should be here today. I'm waiting on the track from 'Dirt Wiggler' so while I'm waiting I'm going to get all the shocks rebuilt since, the previous owner never did that. My drop brackets from SLP should be here anyday, so within the next couple of weekends I should have this sled ready for the winter. I hope so anyway. I was going to sell it, because I bought it from a friend who wrecked it, so I figured I'd try to make some money on it. Well, turns out, I liked the sled quite a bit, and now am deciding to extend it. So, HOPEFULLY it will be a good sled. Thanks for the pics guys.

Anybody got pics of a wedge XC extended to a 144"? I saw one in the UP once and that's where I got the idea from. That sled looked awesome.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we worked on the sled this weekend. Dropped the skid lastnight and did the extension today. Once I have the track in, maybe next weekend, I'll get the project finished up. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[attachment=102624:attachment][attachment=102623:attachment][attachment=102622:a
tachment]Well, we worked on the sled this weekend. Dropped the skid lastnight and did the extension today. Once I have the track in, maybe next weekend, I'll get the project finished up. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
285 Posts
[attachment=102833:attachment]02 700 xc with 136" x 1.25
polaris full length rails

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Has anyone seen this type of kit in BLACK? My tunnel is Black on my XCR and would like it to match.... unless I send it into a shop and have it painted.

looks good!

Mike

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Oct 16 2005, 08:47 PM
Has anyone seen this type of kit in BLACK?  My tunnel is Black on my XCR and would like it to match.... unless I send it into a shop and have it painted.

looks good!

Mike
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934054
[/quote]

Powder Coat

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Redwedge600,

Thanks... I'll do a local search for a shop that can do this type of work once ready.

What kind of seat are you running here? How do you like it and does it save any weight?

Mike

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Oct 16 2005, 08:57 PM
Redwedge600,

Thanks... I'll do a local search for a shop that can do this type of work once ready.

What kind of seat are you running here?  How do you like it and does it save any weight?

Mike
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934084
[/quote]

BOSS seat flat top, yes it quit abit lighter. If you are located in the MPLS area I could hook you up with a powder coater.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
REDWEDGE

That weapon just keeps gettin COOLER all the time!!

Love it!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I found a few more items to add on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last weekend I got the skid put under the sled with the new track. I put the front bolts in and checked where i should mount my drop brackets and discovered all the pressure was on the back part of the skid. I didn't have enough time to fix this, so hopefully I'll get back to work on it tonight. I'll just re-locate the front bolts down as far as I can. 1" - 11/2" hopefully. I'll get some pics on probably late tonight. Saturday I may even get some graphics made up for me, so hopefully, but the end of the weekend, I'll have a complete sled.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Do you have to change the tunnel/suspension bolt locations when you use one of these kits?

If so, that would suck!

·
Registered
189 Posts
what would be a rough estimate on the total cost to do an extention on an edge chassis I have a track already was more wondering what the chassis extention costs?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm gonna finish the sled up today. I'll probably put pics on tonight. The extensions cost me $185 for the rail and tunnel extensions together, for a 144" kit. I paid 51 for the hyfax for the Xtra 10 suspension. All this included shipping. It's not that hard. I am moving the front mounting bolt down 1 1/2" so that took me a little bit. I have SLP drop brackets for the rear.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts