1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
And your question is????

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
Does it say 700 on the top of the engine??? Or are you trying to figure out if you have the 220 series cylinders vs the 824's???

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
Definately mikuni flat slides not the stock Keihens:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
bigger pic from under the hood, and how about outside of the sled? that looks similar to my 01 under the hood, but wheres the airbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dam, poor sled is in bad shape. Looks like a 2001 xc 700. Definitely not newer than that because motor doesn't have ves.

·
Banned
12,547 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just picked it up. So I'm trying to figure out what it is
The outside of the sled looks pretty sweet, but the motor has seen better days. Spend the time and restore her, polaris edge is a great sled once dialed in correctly. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,547 Posts
No it is a non exhaust valve motor so <2002[/QUOTE it's either a 1999 or 2000 engine I'm pretty sure from everything I found out so far
Thats a ProX chassis which was never offered with a 700 non-ves so what you have is a conversion,,,,motor could be just about any year from 98-01:dunno:

·
Registered
63 Posts
You bought a sled without knowing what it was first? The tag on the tunnel will tell you all the info of what you need to know about the sled besides the engine since its not original. It should have a serial number somewhere on it.
But as other people have said, spend most of your time working on the engine and taking care of it. Just about every sled out there is a ticking time bomb and you don't want to be the guy that has his sled blow up due to not taking care of it.

·
Banned
12,547 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I see a newer style coil, should be a 00-01.
99' essentially is an identical engine in every way, but still ran off the Ducati ignition setup.
Exactly what parts are you after?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts