Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 xc 600 sp with the ves motor... gen 2 chassis

carbon tech reeds
hot seat single
hot seat billet head with 93 octane domes

10-60 weights
epi yellow primary spring (165/310)
epi orange secondary spring
epi helix from kit i think its a qa-3 helix... fully progressive.
stock gearing 23/40

the sled runs good now, but i was wondering if anyone has any other clutch and gearing setups that work well.

the sled is used for ice lemans racing. 5-10 mile courses laid out on ice and snow. i would say the longest straightaway is 1/4 mile

i definately think gearing could help it out....

let me know what you guys think.

Charlie

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.... how would you change the gearing if the straights were a lot shorter like on the one small course we run? i would say 300 feet is the norm with one longer on at say 900 feet

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Even though the course has normal 300ft. straights, that one 900ft. straight requires more gear. What you would gain on the short straights, you would lose on the one long one I think. It is hard to say without running it and timing yourself. For that you could go down to 22/40, or 22/41.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I might be wrong but I think that QA-3 helix is a stepped quad angle helix, not a progressive. And if I remember right it is pretty aggressive.

·
Registered
45,588 Posts
Me and my buddies had those sleds....stock 23/40 gearing was perfect....we ran 62 weights with an almond-gold spring....34x helix epi purple spring in the 2nd or 3rd hole for 1/4 mile drag runs....i never got beat by another 600 at that time even when sleeping at the light. Another buddy has his tuned up so good it rarely lost to anything in the 700 class and was very competitive with 800 class sleds in that distance. Those were tremendous sleds polaris built back then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts