Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 proX2 I purchased new last yr. I noticed with just a bit of pressure the rear would sag about 2 inches then set on the springs I thought this was wierd but saw that all off the pro X sleds do this. I got mine back from storage and noticed that there is no sag area, if you push down on the rear end its stiff right away is somthing wrong?

·
Registered
587 Posts
no, this is normal, the steel spring has had time to reabsorb tensile.

·
Registered
587 Posts
how many miles, how stiff is is set, how often do you bottom hard? springs hold energy, thats how they work, you'll notice it will get softer after you ride it next month.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
miles? 1000 on the sled . bottom out ? only twice for sure on Big jumps, spring setting? one down from the stiffest. rear shock and rebound set at 4 of 6 on the walker evans. I was just concerned because last time out on the sled I took a big jump 15ft high and when i landed i came down on the riser broke two ribs and cracked my sternum, it rode fine after the jump I think? I was hurt and taking it slow for 25 miles back to our hotel needless to say that ended my season last year. I worries me because the tail used to give a few inches with just light pressure then set on the stiff springs from the day it was new it did this and now its not like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts