Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me an opinion on the difference between the x package shocks compared to the regular ones. Is there really that much of a difference in the ride. I am debating on wich kind I should buy.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
X Package=Poser package IMO

The X suspension is pretty much valved the same as the Adrenaline, only with the piggybacks on it.

If you're looking for a suspension that's decent for jumping get a REV 440.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pretty much spend 95% of the time running on the trails. I very rarely go jumping. I jsut didn't know if it makes a difference out on the ungroomes bumpy trails.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sledneck20, I would consider the previous replier's age before I took sled advive from him. Not to say he doesn't know his stuff, but most his age just are looking to be sno-X wanna be's. I am a fairly big guy and have owned lot's of sleds. The X package I am riding now takes my abuse alot better than trail vertions I have rode in the past. Now I don't go looking for the biggest jump. I just trail ride hard and do some off trail ridiing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by Bumpy@Oct 2 2005, 03:41 PM
Sledneck20, I would consider the previous replier's age before I took sled advive from him. Not to say he doesn't know his stuff, but most his age just are looking to be sno-X wanna be's.  I am a fairly big guy and have owned lot's of sleds. The X package I am riding now takes my abuse alot better than trail vertions I have rode in the past. Now I don't go looking for the biggest jump. I just trail ride hard and do some off trail ridiing. Hope this helps.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904040
[/quote]
i agree with you, not to mention the 'x' suspension is a lot more adjustable than the adrenaline or trail.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ok then. So he doesn't ride real hard and agressive, then it's all good.

What does my age have to do with it??? I race, so it carries over to my riding style when I'm not racing. From the time I spent riding a 04 600 X for a couple days the suspension worked pretty good, but it was easier to bottom then my SnoPro.

Just gave him my opinion on it.

Sorry.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you dont like it at stock settings for any reasons , then all you have to do is get it revalved to 440 specs and GOOD TO GO! :div20:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Originally posted by Bumpy@Oct 2 2005, 03:41 PM
Sledneck20, I would consider the previous replier's age before I took sled advive from him. Not to say he doesn't know his stuff, but most his age just are looking to be sno-X wanna be's.  I am a fairly big guy and have owned lot's of sleds. The X package I am riding now takes my abuse alot better than trail vertions I have rode in the past. Now I don't go looking for the biggest jump. I just trail ride hard and do some off trail ridiing. Hope this helps.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904040
[/quote]
I agree with Bumpy, my X is much better than my Adrenaline over the rough stuff, she rocks!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The bottom line is if you're going to keep the sled for at least a few years then the X Package is the only way to go. Once you have to replace the shocks on the Adreniline you've eaten any money you saved by going with the non X.

Not sure which year Rev you're looking at but there are a number of advantages on the X package sleds that make it worth the extra $600-800.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It isn't about the money at all. I was just asking an opinion question. I am looking at either an 04 or 05.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The ski-doo x-package is a joke. What I mean by a joke, is that for it to be called an "x" package it should be sprung very close to the race sled, while it is truly not... all it is is an adrenaline model with a little stiffer shocks... not much. If you are simply a trail rider it will do you just fine, but if you do any type of jumping or really hard driving its not nearly good enough. Isnt worthy of the "x" name in my book anyway... "x trail" maybe but not x.... they should just sell the race chassis with 600 & 800 engines dropped into them. Would be a great sled.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
X package for rebuildable shocks, rest is in valving/springs.

If you are buying the X as a trail pounding sled, you might as well skip it because you're going to want more (for most hard trail riders)...

I upgraded to Fox Zero X's up front and a pair of revalved/spung rears...I'll let you know how it works once snow is on the ground.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ride real hard weather the trail is smooth or rough. I was just simply stating that I spend most of the time on the trails. If the x is worth it when you hit the bumpy trails then I will get it. I understand it don't do anything on a flat smoth trail.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by sledneck20@Oct 3 2005, 06:05 PM
I ride real hard weather the trail is smooth or rough.  I was just simply stating that I spend most of the time on the trails.  If the x is worth it when you hit the bumpy trails then I will get it.  I understand it don't do anything on a flat smoth trail.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906102
[/quote]

its worth it, you get the better seat, bars, risers, windshield, tunnel reinforcements along with the shocks. not to mention the super cool 'x' decals. and if its an '05 'x', you also get the sc-4, wave brake to boot.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Definately get the X package, whether you think you need it or not.

It's worth it for the things besides the shocks, if it doesn't suit your needs just get the shocks rebuilt/revalved.

·
Registered
159 Posts
one huge difference is that if your pounding the trails for an extended period of time, the regular shocks will bag out as they heat up, the X shocks will perform the same all the time.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Originally posted by gear@Oct 4 2005, 08:02 PM
one huge difference is that if your pounding the trails for an extended period of time, the regular shocks will bag out as they heat up, the X shocks will perform the same all the time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=908920
[/quote]
i agree.i found this to be true on my 04 adrenaline.that's why i'm going sdi x this year.you can ride these revs at such a constant,high speed that you need the shocks to handle the abuse for extended periods of time. :div20:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts