Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order here for parts over a month ago for my son's machine. they were due last week and yes indeed no parts were delivered.
This is an on-line company dealing with snowmobiles,dirt bike parts etc.
I called Monday and they said that the parts would ship that day (1-14) I just checked to see what the deal was and the woman said they didn't have my bearing in stock yet. apparently the left hand is not talking to the right hand at this place.
I cancelled the order and now have to go elsewhere with a month of lost time! should have just gone to the dealer first, at least there i can get the vasoline personally applied as they screw me! :cussing:

so, if ya want parts quick you have been warned! order elsewhere!

·
Registered
255 Posts
babbitts gets their parts from the dealers. if they say they have the part in stock that is because the dealer has it in stock. does not mean it is on babbitt's shelf
they sucks in my opinion

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Babbitts is a dealer itself. I never knew they went into the online business. My cousins race on their dirtbike teams and my dad and uncle were on their first MX team way back when. They do snowmobiles for fun I think. The money is definitly into MX and roadbikes. Great dealer I have delt with them personally without dropping my dads name and gotten good deals and service.

Not sure what happened to your part but maybe it was backordered. They are one of the larger dealers but they don't have all the man power to run an online business too.

Good luck sorry you had a bad expierence.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.
I just checked 'em out, looks like a great web site!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, needing the parts i ordered over a month ago i went to HK in Tilton, they pulled through and saved the day!

thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I placed an order here for parts over a month ago for my son's machine. they were due last week and yes indeed no parts were delivered.
This is an on-line company dealing with snowmobiles,dirt bike parts etc.
I called Monday and they said that the parts would ship that day (1-14) I just checked to see what the deal was and the woman said they didn't have my bearing in stock yet. apparently the left hand is not talking to the right hand at this place.
I cancelled the order and now have to go elsewhere with a month of lost time! should have just gone to the dealer first, at least there i can get the vasoline personally applied as they screw me! :cussing:

so, if ya want parts quick you have been warned! order elsewhere![/b]

I went through a similiar ordeal with Babbitt's for my sons dirtbike parts. Paid for express shipping then had to wait for an extended period of time to receive the parts. Kinda defeated the purpose of express shipping. Two phone calls later, parts were finally shipped.

I found another vendor and won't use Babbitt's again.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have dealt with Babbitt's in the past for OEM sled and bike parts. No problems but a slow on backorder stuff, Able to get parts for 1984 vintage bike w/o problems and parts diagrams were helpful.
Try smartrecparts.com for mostly non-OEM parts. I was totally shocked :w00t: to find my last order arrived the next day with no shipping charges whatsoever! Great outfit to deal with if you live in northeast area and no sales tax.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just checked out Ronnie's site - pretty impressive, will have to try sometime if I can't get parts local. Nice to see they are nearby too.
BONE, nice to finally see some good words about HK Tilton. Have dealt with HK Hooksett forever and have always been VERY happy. However have not been as impressed with Tilton, and friends have had multiple "problems" and bad attitude from them. Only reason I shop online is convenience and to save a pile of gas money driving to Hooksett. Otherwise it's in our best interest to support our local shops as they are there for us in good and bad times. Without them we would be screwed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im having the same experience with www.ridegear.com
Its been over a month for a helmet they said was in stock. My emails have gone unanswered and when I call the 1-800 #, I get a recording saying high call volume and no one in customer service is available. They still havent credited my card back !!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the info, I try to keep ALL of my business local whenever possible however, if I can find a part online for half the price it's a real tuff call sometimes.
I'm always breaking something as we all know sno-mobiles are not bullet proof, so i will check out some of the sponsers as well on HCS!

My son is itching to get riding and the machine is near complete. :smiley-faces7:

Happy Trails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts