Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 polaris xc sp 600, and on New Years day I was out riding in my yard, and i knew i was low on gas but I wanted to use it all because the previous owner gave it to me with a half of a tank of gas. I was going like 50 MPH accross my back yard, and it shut down. I looked in the gas tank and it was bone dry. We didnt want to go down to get gas so it stayed in my yard from that day, till yesterday. We put gas in it and now will not move. When I start it, it idols and i can SLOWLY push the throttle untill 2500 RPM's, and it shuts down. But if you let off it goes back to idol. :wtf: is wrong?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Since you ran it dry either your tank pick up/fuel filter may be plugged or the carbs picked up a little water and froze,it's kiss ass cold here so it must be colder up your way.

get it somewhere warm and thaw it out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a sled do that once. If you gave it any gas it would bog down till it died, but it would idle all day. It had a vacuum leak at the carb gasket...

·
Registered
49 Posts
like what xcr1250 you might have smoked a piston. Getting old gas out isn't a bad idea but riding doing 50mph until it dies isn't the way to do it. You really lean the motor out when you do that with the lack of fuel.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you didnt huff it get it somewhere warm. First check the carbs if it was old gas ya might have trees growin' in there.
It is also possable all that happened is it did freeze up.Throw a cap of iso heet in the tank with new gas. Gte a heater on it for a while and it might pull right over. Next time if you dont want to run the bad gas drain it. That is a good way to thrash a motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts