Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that there's much comparison but most of the racers I saw today did not have the 4 wheel setup on the rear suspension. And they were jumping just as good as Ski-Doo and Polaris.

Anyways, Blair Morgan took 1st in Pro Stock, with Tucker Hibbert second. Tucker took 1st in Pro Open and Morgan did not crack top three. Morgan did get hung up in the first hair pin corner on the start, and made up substantial ground.

This race was held in Winnipeg, MB, a first WSA Snocross here. :D

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
For anybody that wants to see todays races on TV, it's on ESPN:
Jan 14, 2003 - Tuesday 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Jan 18, 2003 - Saturday 9:00pm - 10:00pm
Jan 19, 2003 - Sunday 4:00am

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great news Larry....Cats are holding strong...everyone stating nothing could keep up with the Rev this years :lol:...thanks for update. Wish we could get something here in Maine...they use to have some ice oval racing here in the 80's in Bangor Maine....would make a great place to hold a .cross event...we need something here in the real Northeast East.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
cat has got to find a way for tucker to get a better holshot,
also did you guys notice the polairs coming off the line
they looked like they were shot out of a cannon.
if tucker can get good line out,.....they will have a
hard time keeping up with his dust :D :lol: :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Does anyone know if the above WSA TV schedule times are Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific? I think that WSA lists them in Eastern time(at least last year they did)....... Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
-John

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Did you get to see the Cat rider hitch a ride on the Skidoo first thing this morning? Gotta be one of the better moments of the day :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by flyingf7sp@Dec 16 2002, 02:17 AM
Did you get to see the Cat rider hitch a ride on the Skidoo first thing this morning? Gotta be one of the better moments of the day :lol:
Yup. The Ski-Doo racer was none to happy about being thrown out of the race. The commentators comments were funny too, when that racer was talking to the WSA official. Like, didn't you think to stop with someone riding on your hood. :lol:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What musta happened was the Skidoo rider saw Arctic Cat written on his hood and thought "HOLY SHIT I might win this race!" :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just a couple things of note. I thought the Doo's looked much better in the big whoops and the Cat's better through the chop. It appeared Cat has more power down the straight. Cat needs to invest in some talent in Pro and Semi Pro. They are basically resting all their hopes on Malinowski in Semi and Tucker in Pro. The REV's were very impressive to me and Ski - Doo definately has the best talent out there right now. I did not find Polaris's red button to do much of anything for them, contrary to what some have said.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah those Polaris sounded like old steam tractors when they were warmnig up the pipe at the line. I did think they were getting better holeshots, but that was in the Semi-Pro class.

·
Registered
622 Posts
For Cat riders, Kent Ipsen is back and looking pretty impressive. He should be a regular to be in contention.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, Kent Ipsen, he's in my snowmobile club. I've trail ridden with him and wrench for him when he first started racing. In better shape than ever, I wished him best of luck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Actually Ipsen did not look that strong. Ahmasalo, Kuster, Island, and Nakazawa all looked real good, unfortunatley they are all on Doo's. DJ looks to be Poo's only hope in Pro.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by VFRcanada@Dec 15 2002, 07:49 PM
For anybody that wants to see todays races on TV, it's on ESPN:
Jan 14, 2003 - Tuesday 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Jan 18, 2003 - Saturday 9:00pm - 10:00pm
Jan 19, 2003 - Sunday 4:00am
Here is the complete schedule. I live, eat, and breath WSA SNOCROSS ACTION and have been to 5 different national races. I guess that is why my plates are SNOX 1!! :D

Complete 2002-2003 WSA Snocross Schedule

·
Registered
65 Posts
:eek: When you look at sport and the semi-pro classes, no Cats at all.... Nothing even in the top 10. 2 races so far. Dissappointing to say the least..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sport the ratio is like a million Revs to a Cat, shear numbers winning out there. Semi Pro is a combo of tons of REVs and Poo's and few Cats plus the lack of talent. And Pro.........well I have been through that. There are tons of REVs at the SnoX tracks in all classes and they work very well in the big bump enviroment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts