Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put chaincase oil in my srx by accident. How do I get it outta the carbs and stuff. Or would it be fine to just drain the main tank and run it through the engine what little there is in the lines?

Does anyone know what the stock psi Per cylinder is on them?

·
Registered
12,705 Posts
I think you would be fine to just drain the tank. I would pull the line off at the oil pump and let it drain. I would also mix some oil in the gas tank just in case you get air in the oil lines and also to help lube while the chain oil is run through. Pour some new oil in the oil tank before you put the oil line back on to help bleed the line.

I guess from your post you have run the sled with this oil in it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It would be ok to just suck out what you have & run it from there.There was a time when all we used was 30w in are sled.Your would probly be worse off if you try to get it all out & dont bleed it good & end up with no oil.

·
Registered
170 Posts
like they said drain the oil tank an put new snowmachine oil in it, an run a tank of premix [oil an gas] in the gas tank for one tank, you might have to replace a spark plug or 2, but it will be great after you run that tank of premix [gas & oil]enjoy SID

1 - 8 of 8 Posts