Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the searcg option, and got nothing. Any quick fixes? mY Brother in law has an o1 ZR800 with the right rear gone. There has already been a plate put inside held on by aluminum rivets. Thanks in advance. I know someone had a kit for this, but I cant remember who.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A company called Performance Stainless out of Appleton, WI has the kits. Pretty easy to install, kinda expensive, but it definitely works. They have ads in SnowTech all the time. There number is (920) 739-9899. About $75 US, but comes with a jig and hole saw to complete the project. I took a chance at this instead of having the same problem on new rails. This is a true fix, not a band-aid. :div20:

·
Registered
21 Posts
More Info here:

We offer the ORIGINAL slide rail repair option for the elongated, egg shaped, shock bracket mounting holes. Our kits are NOT a "band aid" repair - instead, they offer long lasting reinforced repair plates featuring built-in bushings, which will double the wear area around the damaged hole, while offering additional strength and durability to the rail.

The re-usable installation kit includes an aluminum drill jig, an arbored hole saw and nuts and bolts.

The repair kit comes with (2) aluminum plates, grade 5 bolts, a 3/8" o.d. stainless shaft and all hardware necessary to complete the repair.

We offer the following repair kits;
Upper Front Rail kits,
Lower Front Rail kits,
Upper Rear Swing Arm Limiter and
Lower Rear Swing Arm kits, for the ZR's, ZL's and FC's...

Note: Each Model requires it's own specific repair kit.

We are located in Central Wisconsin and offer same day shipping for any orders received by early afternoon. Quantity discounts available.

PERFORMANCE STAINLESS INC.
920-739-9899
email: [email protected]
www.performancestainless.net

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's that time again, and I am going to have to fix this for my brother in law. It is the right side where the rear suspension goes into the tunnel. the performance steel company does not have a fix for this. My dealer wants 200 to fix it. Anyone have a better suggestion? I may just have to fabricate a peice of steel and rivet it on the tunnel. Just don't want to spend 200 to do it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
i have a zr chassis you could use, it was wrecked up front but the tunnel is ok might be able to take a section out of it and use it. be nice if i got a couple bucks for it but id be happy to see it gone and im in illinois

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Go the the electrical section of Menards and look for the outlet boxes. There should be steel plates near them. They come in different shapes but you can cut as needed. I think they are galvanized too. I used them several times on tunnels that get wobbled out. It's a $.39 fix plus a few rivets.

D

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (cartz-04snopro @ Aug 31 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5372938
i have a zr chassis you could use, it was wrecked up front but the tunnel is ok might be able to take a section out of it and use it. be nice if i got a couple bucks for it but id be happy to see it gone and im in illinois[/b]
I have a wrecked tunnel I can use if I need to. Thanks for the offer.

QUOTE (Dman400 @ Aug 31 2010, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=5373603
Go the the electrical section of Menards and look for the outlet boxes. There should be steel plates near them. They come in different shapes but you can cut as needed. I think they are galvanized too. I used them several times on tunnels that get wobbled out. It's a $.39 fix plus a few rivets.

D[/b]
That is the current plan. I am going to Michigan this weekend and getting the sled home to do the work. At least that's the plan

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
The only way those holes can egg out is if the bolts aren't kept tight.

All you need to do is replace #2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts