Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,101 Posts
The PPP program was intended to help struggling businesses but it's primary intent was to keep people employed while millions were being laid off. The only way the money becomes a "grant" is if you keep everyone on the payroll or if someone is fired, let go, quits you hire someone else to fill the position and do not pare back. Also, you cannot cut your payroll and any amount that it is cut that you receive funds for through the program becomes a loan and must be paid back.

Yes, many businesses have received funds that did not need to lay anyone off but the SBA also stated that this money can be set aside because nobody knows the future or just how long and how wide the impact is going to be. If you are a small business owner and did not apply for the loan you are an idiot because nobody can predict what will happen in 6, 12 or even 24 months. It's called protecting your business and it's employees.

So you can bitch about the program not being perfect, or that greedy business owners completely took advantage of the situation or you could be happy that these same businesses remain in business, continue their payrolls and keep your community going strong. Laid off employees head straight to the unemployment office where taxpayers get the tab for those benefits as well. As a taxpayer I am paying EITHER way. I would much prefer this money (in the form of grants) keep people in their jobs.
One of the likely intentions of this program is to avoid the long delays that applying for unemployment often causes as in Michigan. The Governor is deliberately delaying these payments because she ran out of money due to stupid self-destructive actions. Typical poor Democrat ability to anticipate consequences. Maybe it was even done purposely to make the Potus look bad. Either way, the DEMS will suffer the consequences soon.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This Fall will be very interesting, it could change the way we live from here out and not the way we would like.

·
Registered
19SKS850,17Assault815BCX.13BCX,to96XCR6;-} Six Star:Lodge At HWL
191 Posts
Additional info regarding PPL .

Thanks for the info for sure. Still so many businesses that dont deserve this tax payers money and the people that really needed it had no chance.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Thanks for the info for sure. Still so many businesses that dont deserve this tax payers money and the people that really needed it had no chance.
While I do know that not every small business that applied was able to secure either a direct grant or a loan (or both) this is a pretty sweeping statement. Specifically when funds were available up until a week ago. That means if you own a business and did not receive anything you have either been sitting on your thumbs for 12 weeks, or you did not fill out the paperwork properly and supply the required documentation to your bank, or you simply did not meet all of the requirements in the first place.

And specific to the requirements the bar was lowered dramatically for the second round and a little over a week ago is when the second round of additional funding was finally completely exhausted. One reason for this is that they opened it up to individuals that could apply for a grant of $1K per employee and $1K for themselves even if they are simply a "business" of one (self employed). So, while large companies were filing for these funds as well there were also just as many self employed individuals filling out the forms and getting a quick and easy grand deposited into their accounts. This includes parents with kids that have only summer jobs doing this sort of thing and even though they are still walking dogs, mowing grass, babysitting they still got a quick grand in their accounts. My point is while many in here want to vilify "businesses" these are not the only culprits here.

Tens of thousands of small businesses did receive money and your response infers that "people" (which I think you actually mean business) did not receive any of it. This is how our screwed up bureaucratic system works. It's incredibly imperfect, I accept that and as stated before you can either be happy that this money helped small businesses continue to function and keep millions of employees in paychecks or you can choose to focus on the fact that the government is incapable of handling these situations and people will always find a way to exploit that incompetence.

I just hope more people will think about this specifically before they vote dem this fall. The group of thieves that want to keep the economy closed and are proposing to give away another $3 Trillion of your taxpayer dollars to fund the closure.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Thats a totally incorrect statement.I know numerous self employed people and businesses with just a few people that had no trouble securing the loans.As already stated,the money was still available until very recently so if somebody didnt get a loan it was probably because the paperwork wasnt filled out correctly or there was an issue at the bank.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats a totally incorrect statement.I know numerous self employed people and businesses with just a few people that had no trouble securing the loans.As already stated,the money was still available until very recently so if somebody didnt get a loan it was probably because the paperwork wasnt filled out correctly or there was an issue at the bank.
I am just making the statement from what I have seen so it cant be totally incorrect so. But that is very nice to hear you have seen otherwise. The system is working then to get money out, bonus.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Since some continue to post that businesses in need have not received any funds here you go. The program has re-opened for loans until August 8th. If you know of a struggling business that still has not been able to secure a loan to help keep them afloat then there is still time to do so and there are funds still available. Some banks have struggled to assist and other's have stopped writing them altogether because of the required reporting measures that must be taken. Here is one online resource : Small Business Funding Options Up To $250,000 | Kabbage that continues to make it easy for businesses to apply and get the funds quickly. I have heard of some applications being approved within 20 minutes of filing the application and documentation. There is no excuse at this point for any business that is struggling due to the virus and not getting help if they qualify.

Notice: Paycheck Protection Program has reopened
The Paycheck Protection Program resumed accepting applications July 6, 2020, at 9:00 AM EDT in response to President signing the program's extension legislation. The new deadline to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan is August 8, 2020.

Paycheck Protection Program Loan Information
The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am just making the statement from what I have seen so it cant be totally incorrect so. But that is very nice to hear you have seen otherwise. The system is working then to get money out, bonus.
Thanks for clarifying this at least. You are assuming this is the case because of generalized media coverage that always focuses in on the negative only and chooses not focus at all on how these loans have actually kept millions of employees in their jobs and keep their paychecks coming. They report on the virus in the exact same way. Do they lead the news with the millions of people that have already recovered from the virus or do they lead with the total number of infections and deaths?

·
Registered
191 Posts
No I was not assuming anything, I was just stating what I have seen in my travels.. Thats great info you posted up. Thanks for taking the time to do such.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts