Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over on Doo Talk to see what the boys over there were saying about us and I run across a post that says that the guy bought his ski doo because of fit, finish, reliability and no recalls....so I pointed out that no sled was by any means perfect by taking topics from the first 5 pages and posting them...ones like

My Rev is falling apart (my personal favorite)

Exhuast stains on yellow bellypan?

BOMBARDIER'S REPLY TO ME ABOUT THE GAS GUAGE.

Who is dissapointed with top end speed on REV? (this is one i've never seen on our site)

Darting : How do I fix it ?

Clunking sound in brake area

Trunk Flap

Stock handlebar not very strong...

Front suspension noise

toataled sled and myself (guys crank let go and put him over the bars at 70mph - messed up bad)

Rear Arm/Wheel/Tailflap bolt fell out

Major Problems With Rev's In Minnesota and U.P

600 HO DRIVEN PULLEY PROBLEMS?

Studded Rev Noisemaker

I HAVE A FIX FOR THE GAS GUAGE.

I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM.

Shock Rattle?

2003 Rev 600ho for sale

REV ON FIRE. (i like this one too, they are good for toasting hot dogs i hear)

Next thing I know the entire topic is gone...Must have hit a nerve with those boys....I also pointed out that I understand that the Firecat has its share of problems and that throwing stones wasn't very constructive...but, poof, topic gone!! Just wanted to share with you guys that we are not the only ones having growing pains with our brand new sleds...they also have their fair share of problems too. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Was advised to check out this site. To say the least I have
been extremely impressed with way members conduct themselves.
The majority do not bash.
I have owned and riden them all. Still have some "yellow" in
me but own all "green". When persons ask me which brand is the
best, I honestly tell them its strictly driver preference.
Mine happens to be CAT because they handle second to none.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a pm to me from the admin. of DOOTALK it shows he has alot of class and isn't biased in anyway, I felt that if I was equal to the class he has shown me that I must post this so that you all may see:

Actually FireCat513, the topic being deleted had nothing to do with your REV comments. I'd prefer that the board stick to issues about the sleds but I've learned to realize that most snowmobilers can't do that.

Anyway, some guy started calling you FireCrap, so I deleted his post. Just as I did, you posted a retailating post to him. I figured the nature of the topic and gone on too far, so I killed it.

I'm the owner/admin of DOOTalk and want to keep the discussions related to sleds and riding. I don't think that's too much of an expectation. There are bunch of other sites where people can slam each other as much as they want.

Craig

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He then followed up with after asking him if I may post his PM:

Feel free to post my message. I'm personally not a fan of brand bashing. Actually I don't really get it. My riding partner is Team Arctic from this site and we often trade off sleds on our trail rides. His ZR is everybit as good as my REV and visa versa. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately for me when I put my 600 up against his 800 in a drag race my weaknesses show up at about 70MPH

Craig

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I have had a shit load of problems with my F7, The ones you are talking about I would say would be minor compared to mine. This site is no different compared to Rev site. I would say I am one of the most honest about my problems with my sleds. I dont care what goes wrong I will let people know. I ride with 2 revs and they have not had any major problems like I have. One guy I ride with jumps approaches like you would not believe. He really puts his sled through hell. Now on Hardcoresledder I bring up my problems with my F7 and people here tell me if I dont like it get rid of it. I love the F7 but one thing after another. More down time than anything. Or the best one Cat will make it right with you, RIGHT. Die hard Doo riders and Cat riders are the same, only in different colors. You ask Me a ? about my sled I will give you my HONEST OPPINION. A great sled other than all my problems, 2 pistons, 1jug, 1 pipe, 1fuel pump, 1oil sensor, 1 air box, 2 chain case bearings, 1 pull cord, and ALL THE UPDATES. Now I am not sticking up for ski-doo YET, because I have never owned one YET. But they are starting to look a LITTLE more interesting. JUST MY 2cs.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by scrapper@Jan 16 2003, 09:50 PM
Well I have had a shit load of problems with my F7, The ones you are talking about I would say would be minor compared to mine. This site is no different compared to Rev site. I would say I am one of the most honest about my problems with my sleds. I dont care what goes wrong I will let people know. I ride with 2 revs and they have not had any major problems like I have. One guy I ride with jumps approaches like you would not believe. He really puts his sled through hell. Now on Hardcoresledder I bring up my problems with my F7 and people here tell me if I dont like it get rid of it. I love the F7 but one thing after another. More down time than anything. Or the best one Cat will make it right with you, RIGHT. Die hard Doo riders and Cat riders are the same, only in different colors. You ask Me a ? about my sled I will give you my HONEST OPPINION. A great sled other than all my problems, 2 pistons, 1jug, 1 pipe, 1fuel pump, 1oil sensor, 1 air box, 2 chain case bearings, 1 pull cord, and ALL THE UPDATES. Now I am not sticking up for ski-doo YET, because I have never owned one YET. But they are starting to look a LITTLE more interesting. JUST MY 2cs.
Scrapper, click on your name and then click on the view all posts by this member button. The reason people tell you to get rid of it is because you are miserable and make everyone else miserable. I had more fun touring Auschwitz than I do reading your posts! You got a bad one....that sucks...sell it, keep it...but man, get over it somehow. Marc

·
Registered
154 Posts
I dont say to much but on one of the other fourms they where tearing the new F-600 apart and being a nice guy that I am told them to go to sno-west site and hear about several people blowing up there HO 800
burning up pistons and cracking cylinders and skidoo not doing to much about it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
See now 700 miles and 0 probs with mine,And I ride hard, when i go with my buddys, they are like can we slow it down a bit today, But I cant help it its the way I like to ride. but i am taking it in for updates, Just to be safe, Then I dont think I will have any probs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hey scrapper, did you ever hear becareful what you wish for, and the grass is always greaner on the other side, Maybe you did get a bad sled, bur they not all bad Just like I said 0 probs with mine in 700 miles, so I got a good one, Dont you think there are some bad Rev out there too, what would you think if you get your cat all fixed then decide to get a Rev and it starts all over again, sounds like you have ,ost of your probs fixed with the cat, Do you like the sled?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I checked out the dootalk site for the hell of it. I thought it was funny that you have to enter your brand before you can get a registration #! :lol:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Wicked King@Jan 17 2003, 01:22 PM
I checked out the dootalk site for the hell of it. I thought it was funny that you have to enter your brand before you can get a registration #! :lol:
That's not true

·
Registered
526 Posts
I ran into two guys in Michigan on Rev 600 HO's last weekend. They left the bar about a 1/2 hour before us and when we went outside to start our sleds they were still out in the parking lot trying to get one of them started. They had it flooded and while they were pulling on it the recoil stuck. We had to wrap a rope around the clutch to try to start it. It was getting dark so the other guy pulled his rev up to give us some light and one of his headlights burned out. (no shit) We got it going after about 6 pulls. He had to wrap the pull rope around his arm and away he went. Not major problems by any means but if it happened to a firecat you can bet somebody would be bashing it. :angry:
Bulldog

·
Registered
580 Posts
I saw alot of Revs and rx1s on the trails in michigan this week and I have to say that the dual runners on the REVs made them corner like crazy, one was studded and had no problem. I was waiting for one to tip over in the corners as they seemed to be sitting so high :lol: I was impressed by the way they handled on the trails, enough so that I am going to stud my sled, and when my shapers wear out try some dual runners wearbars. B)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts