Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on another website and I seen this could it be true?.....

This is the AC information forum ...from what I''ve seen, so here''s my ??
At a rescent 1000'' radar run i saw some f-7''s turning speeds of up to 109 mph, while others were consistently in the 95 to 96 mph range.
All were studded.
The fast ones appeared to be somewhat sponsered type racers.

What I was told, by a reliable source, is that some F-7''s (the really fast ones), have had cdi remapping done to them,(from the factory/ race program?) which would explain the discepency in speed between some F-7''s.

Anyone else hear of this??????

I''m a Yammie guy,... but the f-7''s are absolute rockets.

AND THEN SOMEONE WROTE THIS.........

I talked to a guy who bought a f7 through the
AC race program. He said the race program
sleds are mapped differently and his dynoed
at 150hp. This is a guy I know who has been
very successful in grass with his SRX. He said
to win this season will mean to run the f7. He
also said the factory will remap anyones for
$100 if you send it in to AC. This guy is for
real and a straight shooter. FYI.............

IF IT IS TRUE THIS SHOULD BE NICE!!!!

JOHN

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Yes, it is true. It would also void the warranty. This is for race sleds only, not for trail use. They are mapped for the length of race you are running.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
They are for racing ONLY! They won't do yours unless you are a racer. It won't survive for trail use. It has more timing and less fuel in certain areas. Stop the dreaming, its not gonna happen. :( Every factory does it for their sponsered racers.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
That may be true, but do you think with the problems they are having, they are going to do them for someone who isn't racing? Thats all I'm saying. It won't work for trail use. I think you would be surprised at the EGT temps you make while trail riding. These motors are plenty fast. You should start with clutching if you want a faster sled.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Your right on remaping but not quite They have 2 different maps one for 500ft & 660 there the same 152 hp & right on the edge for burn down The other is for 1000 ft & is 144 hp to run on trails u would have to use 92 oct & probley run in ethonal mode & would lose some HP This sled makes most HP with 87 oct wouldnt be a gain for trail even if it didnt blowCould da air box & v3reeds & have same HP & be safe for wot 144HP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts