Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading up tomorrow 12/28. How are the trails, is it snowing on the mountain? Thanks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i'm guessing with this new snow they will be superb! what time are you going to be up there? i may head out from the arlington parking lot in the am myself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
they groomed last night and we got 1 1/2" today

the trails should be good, were running north in the morning.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thursday's Report

There are couple water bars on 7N and 7Asouth on the way to Jenks.

Otherwise the ride this morning, thursday the 27, was rainy. Later, after 1pm, it snowed a good 2 inches in most spots. Trails are groomed including feeder trails.

It was still snowing at 3pm when I left. Friday should be a great day for sledding on fresh powder in Woodford.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Thursday's Report

There are couple water bars on 7N and 7Asouth on the way to Jenks.

Otherwise the ride this morning, thursday the 27, was rainy. Later, after 1pm, it snowed a good 2 inches in most spots. Trails are groomed including feeder trails.

It was still snowing at 3pm when I left. Friday should be a great day for sledding on fresh powder in Woodford.[/b]
How Bad were the water bars.........Bringing a first timer tomorrow!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i'm guessing with this new snow they will be superb! what time are you going to be up there? i may head out from the arlington parking lot in the am myself.[/b]

What time? Thinking also!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
i'm hoping to roll by 9 am

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
How Bad were the water bars.........Bringing a first timer tomorrow![/b]

Should not be bad for a first timer--just let him know to proceed slowly. They were quite passable at slow speed. There is one on 7A that at high speed its gonna hurt.

Make sure you let him/her know about them. Flag them when you come up to one so the first timer knows to proceed with care.

I came across 3 or 4 of so on 7N after airport road. There are 2 or 3 on 7Asouth. A deep one on 7Asouth.

Enjoy the freshly fallen snow.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Woodford was pretty good today (12/27). The rock hard conditions that a few people mentioned were not a big deal because the groomers did a great job last night. The one nasty trail was the shortcut to Jenks from 7n. Skip this trail and head the longer way down the power lines to Jenks. The trails were pretty empty, and at least two inches fell on the way back fro Jenks to Adam's .
Rode with Krellheat and had a great time.

Should not be bad for a first timer--just let him know to proceed slowly. They were quite passable at slow speed. There is one on 7A that at high speed its gonna hurt.

Make sure you let him/her know about them. Flag them when you come up to one so the first timer knows to proceed with care.

I came across 3 or 4 of so on 7N after airport road. There are 2 or 3 on 7Asouth. A deep one on 7Asouth.

Enjoy the freshly fallen snow.[/b]

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Woodford was pretty good today (12/27). The rock hard conditions that a few people mentioned were not a big deal because the groomers did a great job last night. The one nasty trail was the shortcut to Jenks from 7n. Skip this trail and head the longer way down the power lines to Jenks. The trails were pretty empty, and at least two inches fell on the way back fro Jenks to Adam's .
Rode with Krellheat and had a great time.[/b]
R u talking about the one with the tree across it? We tried to move it then cut with my buddies little saw he carries but decided to go up and over it after we cut a few branches off of it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
We did not see a tree down on the trails. What trail was that on?

·
Registered
373 Posts
R u talking about the one with the tree across it? We tried to move it then cut with my buddies little saw he carries but decided to go up and over it after we cut a few branches off of it.[/b]

never saw a tree down. We went through there around noon or so. My guess is that it was removed, but the fact that there were som many waterbars, rocks, and other crap, it all blended in! I hope you had a good ride today. the Snobusters website said they got 3.5 inches

·
Registered
594 Posts
we had a nice ride from kellystand parking to danby via mt tabor rd, except for a few waterbars, the trails were pretty nice. rode 114 miles today!

·
Registered
37 Posts
we had a nice ride from kellystand parking to danby via mt tabor rd, except for a few waterbars, the trails were pretty nice. rode 114 miles today![/b]
Yep, It was a grand ride!! A little snirt, but not bad! My ATTAK got 14.5mpg. Also, not bad!

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Whats the verdict on riding tommorrow?

Any new word on trail conditions? Any grooming going on tonight?[/b]
Not bad! Definitely rode a lot worse! A few water bars on 7n and the feeder trail to Jenks was a mess! Avoid that trail! Power lines were rough but not bad! 80+ miles today riding 2up with my daughter. On a scale of 1-10........I'd say 6/7! .................Its still December!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The trails look better Friday than they did on Thursday. Must be that extra snow.

More snow to come this weekend? Maybe Monday run?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Lets hope its snow and not rain! Planing on a Sunday trip if it doesn't rain!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Not bad! Definitely rode a lot worse! A few water bars on 7n and the feeder trail to Jenks was a mess! Avoid that trail! Power lines were rough but not bad! 80+ miles today riding 2up with my daughter. On a scale of 1-10........I'd say 6/7! .................Its still December![/b]
Holy cow what 2 days make.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts