Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to start my sled last night. I had summerized it by adding fuel stableizer and putting oil in the cylinders. I put in new plugs and checked for spark. Spark looked good. Then pulled fuel line off the rail. I then pulled the it over no fuel comming out of the fuel line. What do you think could it be something with the fuel pump or smart valve?

Thanks Russ

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Yea try to prime the cylinders first and see what happens. One thing I just learned this year about the EFI is that you need to keep plenty of fuel in it over the summer or it can mess the fuel pump up -- at least that's what my dealer told me.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by Russ A@Oct 15 2005, 06:37 AM
I tried to start my sled last night. I had summerized it by adding fuel stableizer and putting oil in the cylinders. I put in new plugs and checked for spark. Spark looked good. Then pulled fuel line off the rail. I then pulled the it over no fuel comming out of the fuel line. What do you think could it be something with the fuel pump or smart valve?

Thanks Russ
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930987
[/quote]
you can run the fuel pump with a battery, sometimes they gum up when sitting.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
check connections at fuel pump connector(redwire/black wire), sometimes moisture will cause slight corrosion, seen it a couple times

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the tips.

I did get it started. After everything falled I hooked a 12 volt battery up to the fuel pump and let it run for 10 seconds. It fired right up after that. It looks like the fuel pump had drained down.

Thanks Russ

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
this exact senerio is why I say summerising isnt worth a crap all you have to do is start your sled every week or so to get its juice's flowing and bring it up to temp and then put it away works for me and I never have any problems

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
if you read your owners manual (would eliminate bout 80% of ?'s on here) you would know that you must store the sled with the fuel level above the top of the pump, or condensation, and varnish will kill it.

Krom

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Krom, you sir are correct !! once a week is cheap insurance for a 8000 dollar toy if you ask me Besides like stated its fun

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts