Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finished up all the little stuff with my 440 to 600 conversion. I bleed the oil pump etc. Its time to start it but I can't get it to start. It appears to be getting fuel. I put the fuel line into a container and it appears to be pumping fuel. Not sure how much it suppose to but it is pumping some. I also pulled the plugs and checked for spark and They have spark. But it won't turn over. When I pulled the plugs they seemd to have some fuel on them. Maybe I flooded it. The only questions I have is. I don't have a key for it right now so there is nothing plugged in to that connector Would that make a difference? The CDI is for the 600 the wiring is from the 440. Any ideas. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Well I finished up all the little stuff with my 440 to 600 conversion. I bleed the oil pump etc. Its time to start it but I can't get it to start. It appears to be getting fuel. I put the fuel line into a container and it appears to be pumping fuel. Not sure how much it suppose to but it is pumping some. I also pulled the plugs and checked for spark and They have spark. But it won't turn over. When I pulled the plugs they seemd to have some fuel on them. Maybe I flooded it. The only questions I have is. I don't have a key for it right now so there is nothing plugged in to that connector Would that make a difference? The CDI is for the 600 the wiring is from the 440. Any ideas. Thanks ahead of time.[/b]
Even if you flooded it it should have at least "sputtered".

Four things are needed to make an engine run - fuel, spark, compression, momentum. Make sure you are getting fuel to the cylinder. Pull the plugs and squirt a little gas in each cylinder. Make sure your clutch is on too!(momentum) ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I figured it out. Most of the way. I unplugged a wire and now it starts but my kill switch doesn't work and teh tether doesn't work either. So I have to figure out some wiring. Right now there is a single yellow wire on the 440 harness that needs to go somewere I assume. On the harness from the CDi there is a black/white wire that needs to go some were. I got some electrical work to do and try to see what it what. I have looked at the wire diagrams but haven't solved the problem yet.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
good luck. try cross referencing the 600 wiring schemy to the 440 one. it may help.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good luck. try cross referencing the 600 wiring schemy to the 440 one. it may help.[/b]
That is what I started to do. The 440 diagram is nice since it shows most of the connectors and 600 doesn't really show the connectors so its a little more work to figure out which wire is which and were it is. since there is like 2 different yellow wires and 3 different black and white wires. Hopefully tonight I can work on it some.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
hey, did you get it all figured out? im in the same boat as you and just wondering with the 440 throttle block it dont matter that you dont have the speed control assurance bullshit on it?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
The single yellow wire with the white round connector on the 440 chassis does NOT get plugged into anything. On the 440 Chassis harness there is a Single Black wire with a White stripe that is located next to the white Square plug that has about 6 wires in it, you can see the square one in this picture IQ Chassis Wiring and plumbing pic. You need to find the single black wire (white stripe) coming from the 600CDI harness and plug it into the Black/white wire on the chassis harness and all your kill switches will work. That Black/White wire should be all alone for it's last 4" coming out of the CDI harness and it will have a white round plastic end on it.

If you are using a 600 motor with PERC or a 600HO motor you will need to find the Magneto Ground Wire coming out of the CDI Harness. Let me know if this is the case and I will tell you exactly which wire to look for in the HO Wiring harness.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
WOW do i love your posts! ill have to look into this more tommoro morning in the light before i go to work so i will see what i get accomplished

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Here is another picture of the wire you are looking for and what it looks like wen plugged in properly.

And here is a picture of the yellow wire that is not used

Wow, it seems as though i messed that all up but i'm about to hit the "add reply" button anyway.

And, for grinns, a shot of an '07 IQ, just incase these pictures show up.

OK, I'm done.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
once again helping me out a big deal, thanks alot akiqpilot...i got it to shut off with the switch and teather but the key off position has no effect on the spark. Will this effect the prem/reg and how it works>?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did figue it our. It was pretty much exactly what AKIQpilot said about the black white wire and that pic is perfect. It took me a little while to figure it out since I wasn't sure were the 600 I have came from so the prox 600 wiring is different then the cdi I have. But it seems to work now. Just have figure out if I want to re gear it for trail riding. int he few hundred feet I rode it. It is pretty quick. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
ok thanks alot but theres 2 yellow wires from the 600 cdi...one kinda comes out of the other and any idea what these are for?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know there is a yellow and red I think it is that does not get connected coming from the CDI. I have to go look at the sled about the other wire. I know I have a like 2 connectors that are not hooked up from the CDI. I also have a yellow wire coming from the 440 harness that is also not connected. Hope this helps some. I will take a look at my sled and report back anything about the other un hooked wires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts