Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You got to give my F5 some throttle when it's warm otherwise it won't start!?
What could be wrong?
I think the sleed should start right up when it's warm!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by f5sweden@Jan 14 2003, 10:16 PM
You got to give my F5 some trotle when it's warm otherwise it whon't start!?
What could be wrong?
I think the sleed should start right up when it's warm!
Mine F5 doesn't start good either when warm. Takes some throttle

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok it's god i'm not alone ;)
Is there any one that dosen't have this "problem" ? :(

·
Registered
962 Posts
The reason they do that is so it starts really easy when cold. With carbs there is no happy median I think. EFI Baby.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My F5 snopro is the same way. I have to put the throttle down about 1/4th of an inch when I pull it over for it to start on the first pull when it's warm.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't have that problem?!? I do notice that it starts easily when cold which is a plus because it's ALWAYS cold where i'm at.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine does this to but so doesn't my friends with yamaha's and ski doo's. I / we just push the throttle a bit and varoom away it goes. Just like a chain saw. doesn't bother me a bit. ^_^

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! :)
God to know that it isn't somthing wrong.

·
Registered
227 Posts
TOO MUCH FUEL, JET IT DOWN 1 OR I WENT 2.....SEEMS TO START RIGHT UP AND IDLE GOOD THIS TIME. THINK OF IT AS HAVING TO LET MORE AIR IN AT THE CARBS <_<

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My F5 is the same way.

·
Registered
308 Posts
In your owners manual it tells you when the engine is warm you may have to depress throttle to start!! :wacko:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Gunner why do you say "wrong" sometimes the plungers are too high and with the choke off its still being choked slightly ,dropping them closes the orfice off when the chokes off.Have you ever worked on carbs?Atleast thats the way it works on mukuni round slides.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by SNODOGG@Jan 17 2003, 04:08 PM
TOO MUCH FUEL, JET IT DOWN 1 OR I WENT 2.....SEEMS TO START RIGHT UP AND IDLE GOOD THIS TIME. THINK OF IT AS HAVING TO LET MORE AIR IN AT THE CARBS <_<
The main jet circuit does not come into play when starting engine.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by northeaster@Jan 17 2003, 06:47 PM
Gunner why do you say "wrong" sometimes the plungers are too high and with the choke off its still being choked slightly ,dropping them closes the orfice off when the chokes off.Have you ever worked on carbs?Atleast thats the way it works on mukuni round slides.
Yes, I have experience with mikuni carbs, holley carbs, rochester carbs also. The reason I said wrong is because I've checked all settings and the plungers were set correctly and the issue still existed. No offense was intended. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
mine does the same, although my idles low

1 - 20 of 20 Posts