Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Just took care of my back up plan. Picking up a new leftover Saturday. If the snow check shows up before I ride, I’ll sell the back up with zero miles, probably for more than I paid.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My backup plan, take the money I was gonna spend and buy more guns/ammo 😁 If we can't ride to stay sane, some of us really gonna go off the deep end! Hope the sled comes in, and also hope for snow!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I was skeptic of the supply/demand situation... so I picked up a 350 mile Matryx in April.
Nice! What did you pick up?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Back-up plan is to keep adding to the 15,000 I already have on her!
Snowmobile Ice racing Snow Vehicle Helmet

·
Registered
2014 Polaris 800 SB - - 2015 Polaris 600 SB Adventure Snow Check
541 Posts
Back-up plan is to keep adding to the 15,000 I already have on her!
Same here. Kept my MY14 800 SB with 13K miles on it. Not sure I could even sell it with that many miles on it but I have it just in case. Still love riding it.

·
Vendor
10,507 Posts
no parts storage at Polaris. no storage at walker Evans this year. if your ordering different colored stuff for your 22 and it came in? that tells you there will be no storage. Polaris was way ahead of the chip storage thing. we can't get anything from cat or doo. i would be worried if i ordered one of them. i already got conformation on my 650 xcr 2nd week in October. got my 21 assault 2nd week in October last year, and my 2019 xc 850 indy in 2nd week of October as well. if you have a good dealer that sends the order to Polaris on time you are the first to get your sled. we ordered the 2nd day of sno-check got the e-mail from Polaris the very next day. a lot of dealers wait until sno-check ends. these are the sleds that are late. Polaris is asking for steel crates back right now. this tells me they are ready to ship sleds. 850's on the line right now. all other sleds are already built.

·
Registered
34 Posts
no parts storage at Polaris. no storage at walker Evans this year. if your ordering different colored stuff for your 22 and it came in? that tells you there will be no storage. Polaris was way ahead of the chip storage thing. we can't get anything from cat or doo. i would be worried if i ordered one of them. i already got conformation on my 650 xcr 2nd week in October. got my 21 assault 2nd week in October last year, and my 2019 xc 850 indy in 2nd week of October as well. if you have a good dealer that sends the order to Polaris on time you are the first to get your sled. we ordered the 2nd day of sno-check got the e-mail from Polaris the very next day. a lot of dealers wait until sno-check ends. these are the sleds that are late. Polaris is asking for steel crates back right now. this tells me they are ready to ship sleds. 850's on the line right now. all other sleds are already built.
Yea - The Wall Street Journal did a news piece about Polaris a few month ago and how they were approaching manufacturing and parts procurement given the issues; right down to reorganizing which factories build which models and redesigning electronic assemblies around the components which can’t be had - sounds like many people are gonna be pleasantly surprised this year when they get their sleds

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Last year I ordered my assault last day of snowcheck and got it in October so I really don’t think order date has much to do with it. In 19 I ordered two sleds same day and got one in September and second one in December.

·
Registered
'22 VR1 650 129", '16 ProS 800
490 Posts
Intereresting. I ordered my 650 with a week to go in snow check. A day before the cutoff of the VR1 and XCR. No confirmation email yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It's been all over the map for me. Watched my dealer put my order in first week of Snowcheck got confirmation email when I got home and didn't get the sled until mid Dec. Other years he's held his orders until almost the end of snowcheck, no email confirmation and sled arrived early November. If its here late November early December that works fine with me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's been all over the map for me. Watched my dealer put my order in first week of Snowcheck got confirmation email when I got home and didn't get the sled until mid Dec. Other years he's held his orders until almost the end of snowcheck, no email confirmation and sled arrived early November. If its here late November early December that works fine with me.
I was told by my dealer that they setup and build models in 2 week cycles and time of shipment is determined by region but 🤷‍♂️- it’s my first rodeo… it’ll get here when it gets here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I was told by my dealer that they setup and build models in 2 week cycles and time of shipment is determined by region but 🤷‍♂️- it’s my first rodeo… it’ll get here when it gets here
First snowcheck sled that's cool 👍

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
It doesn't matter what day you ordered it. I always order on the very last day. Last year I ordered the last day of the extension and received it in November. Same the year before. Meanwhile, guys that ordered the first day didn't get them until January. So I'm not sure how they do it but its not by order date. Makes sense its by color and model runs down the line.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I rolled the dice and bought 2 extra sleds in April ('18 Rush XCR 800 & '19 Indy 129" 850). That said, I'm planning on selling my '11 Doo MXZ TNT e-tec 800 and the XCR Rush 800. That will leave me with the 3 I need for me and my 2 riders.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts