Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all the doom and gloom about part shortages, manufacturers not planning right and sleds show up without tracks, gauges, seats, shocks etc. What is your backup plan? It's still reasonable early so just maybe it won't be to bad.

For me I'll be riding one of these.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
3,459 Posts
I sold my 20 Assault and waiting on a 22 Assault, and a windshield. Have everything else I need for the new sled. Back up plan is to grab something at my dealer if he has anything left! I am always optimistic and believe Polaris will deliver. It is a little unnerving though. Going to Haydays this weekend so that will help scratch the itch!

·
Registered
21 SBA 850
124 Posts
So with all the doom and gloom about part shortages, manufacturers not planning right and sleds show up without tracks, gauges, seats, shocks etc. What is your backup plan? It's still reasonable early so just maybe it won't be to bad.

Exactly why I got what I wanted last year.

It'll boil down to your relationship with your dealer and see what they'll provide to you in worst-case scenarios.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Indy XC 650
71 Posts

We kept both of our 21 Launch 650’s and a 16 Doo 900, we could have sold all three. I am reading about a rubber shortage because of a tree fungus in Indonesia, copper shortage from South American mines, chip shortage from the Far East. There are also issues with Chromium ,Nickel and Magnesium. All of these components are used in motorized vehicle.
I will wait till the 23 models are available for Snow-check.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,155 Posts
My back up plan is a 2020 TITAN and a 2021 Assault.
I really don't want to talk back up plans though.
I want my 2022 Assault with the new mapping.
;)

·
Registered
22' 850 XCR 136, 2012 Pro R 800 Switchback, 2001 Edge X 600
207 Posts
Worst case is I ride the spare sled. 01' Edge 600. Trusty old girl.

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,462 Posts
I keep a backup to the backup. No 'new to me' sled this year - yet.
2021 XCR 850 Switchback
2018 XCR 800 Switchback
2016 Pro-S 800 Switchback

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I had a 600 Xcr 2017. That was my backup plan. But sold it to a friend for his wife 2 weeks ago. Now I’m torn do I sell my 20 Xcr 850. Now or do I wait and make sure my new one comes in. I know that good clean used ones are bringing pretty big money right now. Who knows. I believe polaris will deliver. BUT im a lil nervous putting my money where my mouth is. Lol . I think they cut demos and fooor models imo they know what they have for parts and availability etc. so they made cuts to deliver on the order sleds as schedualed. I hope

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
My 2021 850 Assault. I am waiting on 2022 XCR 850. I did receive a pleasant surprise phone call today. I ordered a bunch of parts (panels, trim, decals etc) from a 2022 model to "update" colours and look of my 2021 assault. They arrived at the dealer this morning and will pick up later this week.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That
My 2021 850 Assault. I am waiting on 2022 XCR 850. I did receive a pleasant surprise phone call today. I ordered a bunch of parts (panels, trim, decals etc) from a 2022 model to "update" colours and look of my 2021 assault. They arrived at the dealer this morning and will pick up later this week.
That’s what I did, I ordered a bunch of 22 trim pieces and decals, they already have been delivered. I was surprised but that is good news Polaris is willing to sell parts to sleds they haven’t even delivered yet.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I had a 600 Xcr 2017. That was my backup plan. But sold it to a friend for his wife 2 weeks ago. Now I’m torn do I sell my 20 Xcr 850. Now or do I wait and make sure my new one comes in. I know that good clean used ones are bringing pretty big money right now. Who knows. I believe polaris will deliver. BUT im a lil nervous putting my money where my mouth is. Lol . I think they cut demos and fooor models imo they know what they have for parts and availability etc. so they made cuts to deliver on the order sleds as schedualed. I hope
I would not sell it until your new sled comes in. A bird in the hand...

I've got my stinky vibrating back up sled😏 I have to put a couple miles on it. Hopefully we get snow here in CT early.

Reactions: Lid2
1 - 20 of 66 Posts