Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have to say it is really too bad that your all having problems. Is it amazing that Cat brings out an absolute KILLER 700 twin motor with mega-horsepower and the whole issue is sidetracked by an air bubble in the coolant system. Talk about bad luck! You know the engineers tested the living hell out of that new design, as they new it was so different that it had to work the first time out for the consumer. Then after all of that, a stupid air bubble!!! I really feel for you guys. All the brands have had problems (Doo 800 twin and piston rings) but luckily (for Doo) it was rarer than the air bubble problems. The good news is that next year you know the air bubble situation will be remedied, and that motor will be the king of the trail for Arctic Cat. It really is a rocket! Good Luck with the F7s, no matter what, it really is an AWESOME sled. Excellent fit and finish with basically a 700 racing motor from the factory.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm sure all of us that are having problems will get 2nd year motor warrenties...LOL... :blink: Not sure yet but my head is still getting hot after dealer burped the coolent system, I will be taking a spare sled with me on my first trip...Man this sucks to worry about.

·
Registered
362 Posts
be honest guys,i'm very close to buying an f7. but frankly these posts scare me to death. i've been a loyal arctic rider for 30 years,but i'll be darned if i can bring myself to purchase a machine knowing it may leave me stranded in the middle of quebec some night at 10 below zero.
my question:get one now or wait till next year when all the bugs are out(hopefully)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mark, I'm sure you will be much happier with another sled, Read all the problem posts and make up your mind, It's not just the motor problems that make other machines look better.

Blown engines
Electrical problems
Suspension problems - Broken welds, Bolts comming lose
Pull cord
Steering rod
And more...........
The list seems to keep getting longer every day
It won't matter how fast it is or how well it rides if it won't run. :angry:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
General rule: Never buy anything the first year out unless you have sufficient funds and time to burn, and don't mind the possibility of getting stranded occasionally. Give the engineers time to work out the majority of the consumer input based bugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like to ride new sleds, and teething problems don't scare me off. For those afraid to pick up a wrench, you should avoid a first year sled like the Firecat. If you don't mind keeping up with the latest news, and you enjoy riding the latest iron, a Firecat is a good choice.

610 miles on my F7 and no problems. I will be in the middle of Quebec again at this time next week, and it is forecast to be cold ;) ^_^ B)

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Rob I totally agree with you. I always buy the latest. I bought the 01 800 ZR and everyone said I wouldn't because its a first year model...... It rocked. I think the Firecats are like the old Mercury sno-twisters, a little tempermental but a wicked fast light sled. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
guys, it is a piece of machinery-if you do not want to get your hands dirty,try another sport-but you will be missing an awful lot of fun!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Iam curious. how were these sleds that had problems broken in? were they started and ran balls to the walls?or did they take it easy and go by the manufacturers break in? i have not had any problems except the pull rope.i broke it in easy and this sled runs like a raped ape.i do feel bad for the guys who are having problems and i hope everything works out for them B)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do the math. Most of the prob are the same sleds
with a bad dealer set up. I don't think these f cats
have any more prob than any other new sled. My
bud got a brand new chev 3/4 ton truck, 6,000 miles
on it and a bad trans. Look how long Chev has been
makeing trucks.It can happen to anybody with anything.
For all the f cats out there not that many prob.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Dealer setup was everything on these sleds. I think that there was alot of "weeding out" of the good vs bad dealers this year. Cat should really take a close look at these dealers that had problems.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
From what I have read the FCat seems to be one of the best sleds on the market. I'm thinking of taking the FCat plunge within the next year or so. But when I apply the wrench it will be with a couple of years research under my belt and I will be cautious about the dealer I choose. I applaud you guys that have started out early on this first year sled, for without you the rest of us would have no idea what to expect. You guys are true pioneers, and are doing an excellent service for the rest of us FCat wannabees who were too timid to take the initial plunge. All I can say is thanks for the heads up and riding it sounds like seat of the pants, fun :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I bought this sled (F7) knowing two things, it was designed to be lightweight and fast and that there is a chance that something may go wrong. With that in mind, I knew my dealer was going to help out with a good PDI. From there I looked the sled over real well when I got it home and read the internet for problem areas to look at. No big deal, nothing to be afraid of. Only thing that worries me is this lack of friggin snow

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Well that's why I waited until Dec 22 to pick mine up from a very good dealer.(Stanwood motorsports in central Michigan) Most all the problems should be solved by now. Havn't put a single mile on it yet( no snow) it sure looks good-cant wait to ride!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
yo momma,

Keep in mind, when looking for a dealer...ask more about what seperates them from another dealer, other than price. What do they have to offer in service. Buy for the future, not one day and price. Sounds to me too many people are now finding out how a "good" dealer is truely hard to find. lol

p.s. buy a F-cat or be in the back!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
B) You want it buy it... And have fun... theres just as many good stories as there are bad for the F-7.. But Bad news carries more weight... Out of all the bad stories listed in here look how many are just repete's ??? Talk to your dealer see what they say about their set-up guidelines and buy one... And have the best sled out there....

FOREVER GREEN !!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts