Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With $400 what mods do people think i should put into my crossfire. I was thinking about a speedwerx fat daddy pipe. Would this help it a lot or is there something better for $400?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bmp pipe mod, Bmp fuel reducer and a 2.5 degree timing key. If you don't wanna do any of that stuff you can put a clutch kit in it ODS is the way to go for clutching.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by chevyfreak06@Sep 23 2005, 09:00 PM
Bmp pipe mod, Bmp fuel reducer and a 2.5 degree timing key. If you don't wanna do any of that stuff you can put a clutch kit in it ODS is the way to go for clutching.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889431
[/quote]

About how much would that run?

HEY BIKEMAN HOW LOUD IS YOUR CROSSFIRE LIGHTWEIGHT CAN? PM ME IF YOU WANT.

·
Registered
284 Posts
the pipe mod is 180 i think, fuel reducer is 150, and the key is 20 bucks, that combo is a good 10hp. And if you did wanna clutch i think a clutch kit is almost 250 for your sled but you don't have to clutch if your don't want to.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i think the pipe mod is the way to go. How hard is the fuel reducer to put on? I have seen some one put on a timing key, but im not really sure how to do it myself. How long do you think it would take a professional to do it? Fuel reducer and timing key. Maybe even clutch kit. Im not sure how hard it would be to do that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
umm prolly an hour if u have a flywheel puller. you have to run 92 octane with the key just for you know. also your sled is prolly lean from the factory like most of the newer cats so i am not sure on the fuel reducer. send BMP an email and they will get back to you or call they are very helpful.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx chevy, i have been talking to Dan at ODS becuz he is much closer, we will see what happens.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Maybe add a D&D Ypipe into the combo with the pipemod. I would suggest just PM Bikeman tell him what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend and i'll he'll help you out. He's been very helpfull telling me what works togethor and what steps to go in if I don't want to do it all at once.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did the BMP pipe mod and D+D Y Pipe combo help? Is the HP increase noticeable or is there a better throttle response or how much better is it performance wise?

I'd like to see that pic of your 05 M if its as sick as your 03 F7 SP

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
If you're not comfortable working on your own sleds then don't mod it.

That being said for $400 go BMP pipe mod and a timing key. Seems like most of the newer sleds haven't been seeing much need for a fuel reducer.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
:withstupid: :werd:

What he said ^

Stud it and clutch it, studs should be around 3 or so, not exactly sure, and clutch kit, depends on what you get.

Biggest bang for the buck... then if you want more, do the pipe mod, etc... that you are thinking about

If you are studded already, then great, then you can go for the other goodies you've been thinkin about

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i'm having it studded as we speak. I was supposed to have it last Wednesday, but the dealership is out straight doing boats. $408 for them to put on 136 studs.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm in the middle of harvest so haven't had alot of time to work on the sled yet. Its still in pieces in the garage. I finished up putting the 600 in my firecat for the wife (thanks for the compliment) and the 700 is on the bench still waiting for the pistons that showed up yesterday. Hopefully I'll get some time to finish it up soon but not likely. I got my Ypipe on but don't have the Pipemod back yet should be soon. I won't know what kinda benefits it has tell this winter but it sounds like they work good togethor. There is alot less restriction to that Ypipe then the stock one. THe other thing is maybe add some TPI valves on the airbox let in a lil more air they worked good on my firecat and I moved them over to the M now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts