Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'17 ZR9000RR
1,592 Posts
I drive that gdmfpos section every day to work....absolutely ridiculous. Word is it's not scheduled for improvements for another 5 years....wtf

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,438 Posts
I drive that gdmfpos section every day to work....absolutely ridiculous. Word is it's not scheduled for improvements for another 5 years....wtf
5 years!!!?? That section wasn't very good when I traveled it regularly 8 years ago!!

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,482 Posts
Knocks the rust off your truck at least! Drove it yesterday for 3rd time this year, Holy shit!

·
The Meat Man
15,701 Posts
I bet if it was around Madison or Milwaukee it'd already been fixed.
Nope HWY 14 west out of Mad City has been bad for years now but after driving HWY 39 south the other day 39 wins as POS of the year.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Sure glad I have to go up the other side of the state. North of EauClaire up HWY 53 is great.>>>>>>:lol::lol:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Someone on FB posted a video with his kids in the backseat on that stretch and they looked like they were riding horses. Hate that section! How there aren't more blown tires and axles through that stretch is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
a few weeks ago coming back on that stretch I was following a big in line trailer that must have been empty, I could not believe how much that trailer was moving side to side.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,438 Posts
Where are you going? Going up on 51 is smooth sailing, coming back is what blows
West of Fifield - so I could take either from Stevens Point - Sounds like I can go up 51 to 8 on the way, but should take 13 back to 29 to Wausau? Since I have the option...

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have the option to avoid 51 south, you want to avoid it. I was following a 1/2ton truck coming back this wknd and watched his rear axle the whole time and all I could do was laugh. Although I was swearing at the same time cuz my 3/4ton w/25ft trailer rode harsh as shit...

·
Registered
337 Posts
A big part of the problem is that the newer vehicles with their oversize aluminum wheels and low profile tires transmit the bumps directly to your spine.

The older vehicles handle the frost heaved roads in Wisconsin a lot better.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
West of Fifield - so I could take either from Stevens Point - Sounds like I can go up 51 to 8 on the way, but should take 13 back to 29 to Wausau? Since I have the option...
up 51 is fine

if coming back to avoid the bounce house party you can take 13 or detour through Tomahawk off 8 to 107/S and pick up the interstate where it's better.

it's horrible... when heading north you can see southbound vehicles wheels and suspension getting a real workout.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Feels like a solid 50 miles! Lol

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts