Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you wire in these items. Are there provisions for accessory wiring on the harness or are people wiring directly to the battery (if there is one)?

Also where could I get a complete service manual?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I found two 12V DC connections, both have a black wire and red w/yellow.

One connection is basically right under the handlebars, under the center console.

The other is just right of the engine(as you are sitting on it).

A look at the second connection from the clutch side.

A look from the right side with the muffler and foam divider/insulation plate(held by four screws) removed.

The visor plug(used my old REV plug) was plug and play on the first connection. I hooked up an accessory receiver and LED lights to the second one.

As far as a service manual. A dealer could hook you up but I wait until they are PDF files on CD, sold on eBay(about $7)...by authorized dealers, of course. I haven't seen them available yet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found two 12V DC connections, both have a black wire and red w/yellow.

One connection is basically right under the handlebars, under the center console.

The other is just right of the engine(as you are sitting on it).

A look at the second connection from the clutch side.

A look from the right side with the muffler and foam divider/insulation plate(held by four screws) removed.

The visor plug(used my old REV plug) was plug and play on the first connection. I hooked up an accessory receiver and LED lights to the second one.

As far as a service manual. A dealer could hook you up but I wait until they are PDF files on CD, sold on eBay(about $7)...by authorized dealers, of course. I haven't seen them available yet.[/b]

Thanks Treebasher. This is exactly what I was looking for. I see you over on dootalk as well. Which is power and which is ground? (assuming black is ground)

LBD

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks Treebasher. This is exactly what I was looking for. I see you over on dootalk as well. Which is power and which is ground? (assuming black is ground)

LBD[/b]
That's right, blk=negative red/yellow=positive. I guess there is a pigtail you can buy from a dealer but I just clipped off the plug and spliced into the wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts