Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter Storm Watch

/O.NEW.KALY.WS.A.0003.061226T0600Z- 061227T1100Z/ NORTHERN HERKIMER- HAMILTON-NORTHERN WARREN- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ATWELL...BIG MOOSE... EAGLE BAY... MCKEEVER...NOBLEBORO... NORTHWOOD...OLD FORGE...SPECULATOR... WARRENSBURG 349 PM EST SUN DEC 24 2006
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT FOR THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS WHERE 9 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE.

A STORM STRENGTHENING OVER THE GULF COAST STATES THIS EVENING WILL TRACK NORTHEAST INTO THE TENNESSEE VALLEY ON CHRISTMAS DAY AND THEN INTO EASTERN NEW YORK AND NEW ENGLAND ON TUESDAY. WHILE THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS STORM IS STILL UNCERTAIN...IT APPEARS THAT ENOUGH COLD AIR WILL BE DRAWN INTO THE STORM TO BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IN THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS. RAIN WILL MOVE INTO THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKS LATE MONDAY AFTERNOON OR EARLY MONDAY EVENING AND CHANGE OVER TO SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT MONDAY NIGHT WITH HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLE ON TUESDAY. THE SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF TUESDAY NIGHT.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
What is the registration process for NY? Can you do via mail?[/b]
i went through the process last week. i took a ride up to boonville to look around and reg. my sled. i went to adirondak sport center. i tell you the guy running the place is a real nice fella :div20: a true embassidor of the sport. anyway he tried to get us signed up with the local club, didn't happen. so what you have to do is send in the clup application with $25 . they send you a voucher of some sort that you mail into ther dept. of motor vehicles, with $45 . they in turn will mail you you registration. i was told if you didn't want to do it that way you can just go to the dmv without joining a club, but they're going to hit you a $100. i'm waiting for my voucher to come back from the brantingham club. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
At our DMV you can join the local club of your choice , get the voucher and walk out with your registration. One stop shopping and no waiting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
bah humbug, looking like santa's xmas gift is a lump of coal. call me a pessimist, but noaa's downplayed the storm. accuweather appears to be sticking by it however. i suspect the temps will cool just after the moisture goes thru, and the weathermen will be rubbing their groins and smiling tuesday while telling us we just missed a big one.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BOONVILLE N.Y.
400 AM CST SUN DEC 25 2006

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR RECORDS FALLING
FA LA LA LA LA...LA LA LA LA
TEMPERATURES MONDAY WILL BE FALLING

RIDGE BUILDS IN AND WEST WINDS BLOW
FA LA LA...LA LA LA...LA LA LA
HIGHS NEAR RECORDS MONDAY WITH NO SNOW

TROUGH APPROACHES LATE TUESDAY
MODELS FLOPPING EITHER WAY

EURO IS FASTER WHILE THE ETA KEEPS IT WEST
FA LA LA LA...LA LA LA...LA LA LA
NO FCST CHANGES AS OUR GRIDS LOOK BEST

OUR SNOW CHANGES STILL LOOK SLIM
TUG HILL HAS BEST CHANCE TO WIN

WEDNESDAY MORNING IS WHEN THE SNOW COULD FALL
WESTERN PARTS COULD SEE IT SHOULD THE LOW STALL

PROGRESSIVE PATTERN SETS UP THROUGH SATURDAY
ANOTHER LOW MOVES BY SOMETIME THURSDAY

COOLER TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN PLACE
FRONTS PASS BY WITH A REGULAR PACE

FROM YOUR WEATHER SERVICE...ALL TOGETHER
KEEPING OUR EYES ON TUG HILLWEATHER
FA LA LA LA LA...
LA LA LA LA

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM YOUR NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW YORK

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I perdicting a big FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Temps are hovering to close to the freezing mark. It could go either way, and I dare say that the warm lakes will keep it just warm enough to see all rain. But, should the weather gives us snow, I'll be playing all week since I'm off from work. I will travel to ride if we don't see the so called 6" they are saying for my area. What would be really nice, is if the wet snow came then we get slamed with Lake Effect followed by really cold temps. Can you imagine the base it would create.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Snowman,

Keep us posted on actual snowfall amounts-every forecaster is calling for something different. I too took off work this week to sled, and if there's enough, I'm heading up. It'd be nice to know what's actually on the ground. Keeping my fingers crossed for some good lake effect!!

D.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have been following the weather and your posts too. seems to me the sure thing will be in the higher elevations of the Dacks. used to live in rochester and
now in pa. have you guys ever been up to lake clear,tupper, or long lakes? NOAA is calling for the highest amounts in these areas....of
course there is always mother lake effect. i got caught in the 2000 new years storm that brought 101" in 3 days! it started with nothing on the ground.. :banana: :fluffy:

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have been following the weather and your posts too. seems to me the sure thing will be in the higher elevations of the Dacks. used to live in rochester and
now in pa. have you guys ever been up to lake clear,tupper, or long lakes? NOAA is calling for the highest amounts in these areas....of
course there is always mother lake effect. i got caught in the 2000 new years storm that brought 101" in 3 days! it started with nothing on the ground.. :banana: :fluffy:[/b]
I got caught in the same storm - "worked at home" when I actually snuck back to NY for opening day of deer season - spent 31 hours in my truck stuck about a 1/2 mile from the Buffalo Toll booths. Still remember listening to Miami play in the MNF game on the radio.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.