1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
40,271 Posts
The same bs pics show up every year predicting cold snowy winters, and it ends up just the opposite....warm, and rainy for most of our winter season. As far as here in southern new england, March has become the new norm for some snow.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has a about 6 years worth of videos and has hit the nail mostly on the head. Last year was a good winter for almost everywhere but western PA, and they called for a more eastern storm track. We will see but should be a good year, if anything, just because we are due for one.

·
Registered
958 Posts
We had an unbelievable winter last year in Minnesota. Even the trails in SE MN had plenty of snow, which is unusual. It would be nice to have 2 in a row, but that's a lot to ask of Mother Nature.

She did give me one of the best afternoons for flying I've had in a very long long time today, so I can't be ungrateful if our winter isn't as good as last year.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Every year I say the same thing, including this year. I'll believe it when I'm plowing it and ""RIDING ON IT""!!!!! :stirthepot:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I live in Maryland, and would love to ride in Laurel Highlands or Potter County more. Haven't ridden in PA in about 6 years. Every time there is enough snow in PA to ride, we are either in Maine or the UP, or on our way there. Last year was a great winter in Northern Maine.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry all, talked my buddy into dropping $6k on a sled a couple weeks ago so obviously its going to be 50 degrees in the middle of January. My bad.

Reactions: stevem5215

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,007 Posts
I live in Maryland, and would love to ride in Laurel Highlands or Potter County more. Haven't ridden in PA in about 6 years. Every time there is enough snow in PA to ride, we are either in Maine or the UP, or on our way there. Last year was a great winter in Northern Maine.
And I've never ridden in Maine and it's a place i would like to ride.

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Steve.... I "resisted" the drive to Maine for many years, particularly when the snow was good here and stuck around. Went with a group to Fort Kent one year. Good time, but all of our trips started out by going south. I don't "appreciate" Canada and do not plan on riding there. Fort Kent is on the boarder

Anyway, about five years we started going to Washburn, by Caribou with a local club. WOw. What started as 4-5 days riding with 1 1/2 day up and 1 1/2 days home. We are now leaving sooner and staying longer with 7 riding days.
I am getting use to the drive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Been going to Maine the last three years, it is usually really good. Going up for seven days the first week of Feb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
krom... we are leaving PA on the 13th of Feb headed to Washburn

Spoke to motel owner where we stay. Trails good / groomed. After today to stay below freezing day and night for the week, with some snow every day Hope that you have a great time

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 24 Posts