Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think most will tell you Krylon Fusion. Probably the way to go. I think some 3m scuff pad the area up, some do nothing. Me, I'd tape off the area and scuff the part you want painted and paint it with Fusion.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The fusion paint sucks. Go to your local hobby store and get some paint designed to paint the lexan bodies on radio control cars, I think it is made by parma. Paint your windshield on the backside. Nothing you can do after that will remove the paint. It's there forever.

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^
What he said. I've painted windshields before, scuff up inside and paint. When painted on inside it looks glossy on the outside.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Make sure you wipe it clean with alcohol before you spray.

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts
Make sure you wipe it clean with alcohol before you spray.[/b]
Alcohol will sometimes cause a reaction, I would scuff it with a red scotchbrite pad then wash it with mild detergent, let it dry and then use a laquer black. Ist couple coats very light, let dry, then a few wet coats, I've done at least 10 this way and they always come out nice.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
plain old 99cent a can black spray paint is good enough. years ago i spayed several winshields. i just washed the inside good and sprayed it on never came off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.