Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a before and after pic of the install.

It was kind of tricky to get all holes lined up and the screw put though. Lost a couple rubber windshield pieces in the mix. Engine monster ate them. I wasn't too happy! Had to call the brother in law over for a second set of hands! All in all, I am happy, but the windshield doesn't fit as flush as before. That is becasue of the plastic slots to anchor the bag with. Took a little longer than anticipated, but what doesn't take longer?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nick,

I put mine on Saturday. Did you read the directions? I was laughing because it warns you not to drop the rubber grommets into the engine. I lost one when I put my new windshield on.

Did you also notice that the directions tell you to apply the velcro pads to the hood, but actually they attach to the windshield?

Looks great and there is a lot of space in that thing. Especially with those two little extra "change pockets"

Enjoy!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I trimmed the tabs a little so they fit better and it also let the windsheid go flush again. I basically made the tabs round at the ends ratther than the rounded off square they are.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, i rounded mine too! It still doesn't fit like it did before, butwhat can you do.

Yea, I saw that in the directions! Man, they are easy to drop in there! I barely pushed them in and bye bye they went!

·
Registered
242 Posts
For any body else doing this, try puting the whole thing together first.

Take the windsheild off completely
place the bag on the back of the windsheild
put the screws through the washers, the windsheild, and the bag.
screw the well nuts (rubber pieces) on loosely so they just grab the threads inside
Line it all up and press through the holes.
Tighten them down. The rubber well nuts crush up to hold the whole thing in place.
No more [email protected]# in the belly pan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts