Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a ticket on the way home tonight for have tint on the front windows. The tint on the front is 20% so it isn't that dark. The officer said that if I take it off and show it to an officer to sign the ticket within 10 days, it will be waived. He said it be be around $100 to keep it on if I didn't take it off. If I keep it on, will the fine be around $100 like he said? If I leave it on and pay the fine, will it stay on my record? I got my license this summer so points or whatever won't be too good. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I don't know af any state that lets you tint the front window. I think they will continue to ticket you if you don't.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If you remove it they will cancel the ticket if you follow the procedure they outlined. If you don't you will have to pay the fine. Everytime you pass a cop you will have to wory about getting stopped again. I got stopped when I was 56 years old and went thru the same scenario. The cop (state) spun around behind me like I robbed a bank. I had no idea what I did. I took it off, not worth the hassle. Peace, beeler.

·
Registered
923 Posts
TAKE IT OFF, I got a ticket back in the 80,s. You can have the top 4"or 6" on your side front windows in MI.... that's it. I know it SUCKS. :doh: :frech32: :doh:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Even if you take it off they still charge you a dismissal fee :banghead: That's another one of Granholms new bullshit laws. I think it is a $35. fee.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by BALLZOUT@Oct 8 2005, 10:45 AM
Even if you take it off they still charge you a dismissal fee  :banghead:  That's another one of Granholms new bullshit laws. I think it is a $35. fee.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916165
[/quote]
that's why we gotta; get rid of that CUNT!! :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Got ticketed 6-7 years ago for 20% tint. State cop told me how to beat it(wanted the overtime for showing up in court). Went to an optomitrist and got a letter stating I am photo-sensitive(sensitive to light). Judge had no problem giving me a restriction on my license excluding me from that statute. Only problem is if I get pulled over in a vehicle without tinted windows I could be ticketed for not having them. :dunno:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by jefro56@Oct 8 2005, 01:42 PM
Got ticketed 6-7 years ago for 20% tint. State cop told me how to beat it(wanted the overtime for showing up in court). Went to an optomitrist and got a letter stating I am photo-sensitive(sensitive to light). Judge had no problem giving me a restriction on my license excluding me from that statute. Only problem is if I get pulled over in a vehicle without tinted windows I could be ticketed for not having them. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916394
[/quote]
Just cause ya can legaly have em, is it worth getting pulled over all the time, personaly i think sitting on the side of the road with a cop is a waste of my time

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
No tickets here, gotta have the doctors note....sun hurts the drivers eye... :banana:

We tint windshields, midnight limo all around, etc...and never get tickets :div20:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I've ran full tint on the front windows of my Avalanche since new and have never been pulled over. The shitty part is it gives them a REASON to pull you over. The part that worries me is they will most likely choose to pull you over after this :beerchug: or this :share_doobie:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Originally posted by FIRECAT SPANKER@Oct 9 2005, 08:34 PM
go to a eye doctor for a check up and they will right you a note to get out of the ticket
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918510
[/quote]
The only problem is that you subject yourself to being pulled over at any time. Not that I habitually break the law, but I don't need to give the law a reason to pull me over. :doh:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Get a doctor to write you a letter, and dont act dumb shouldnt get hassled to much, I run limo over stock tint with limo'ed front windows and 20% on windsheild on everything I own the minute it leaves the dealer, Dont do anything stupid and should get pulled over....I've gotten pulled over about 3 or 4 times in past 6 years and have had about 15 diffrent cars.... Your gonna get stopped eventually (now prolly tomorrow) LOL but shouldnt be to often if there isnt a reason. STATE TROOPERS are the one's that are the worst with tint....

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think the secret is not to get excessively dark with the tint. If the tint you add on the side windows matches the tint on the back windows, its usually not too bad. Its when you make it so dark you can't see through the windows they get you. I've had all my vehicles tinted and no problems in 10 years of driving.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
My windows are really dark and I never have been pulled over for them...It's always a good idea to roll them down when you know a cop is around though...

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Originally posted by ZRMan53188+Oct 7 2005, 08:18 PM-->
I don't know af any state that lets you tint the front window.[/b]
Florida you can do whatever you want, helps protect inside of car from sun... I think CA and AZ, too. Probably any sun state.
<!--QuoteBegin-SpeeDWerX1000
@Oct 9 2005, 06:55 PM
No tickets here, gotta have the doctors note....sun hurts the drivers eye... :banana: We tint windshields, midnight limo all around, etc...and never get tickets  :div20:
So how is it that the cops know you have a doc note? I'd think, being that dark, you'd get harassed ALOT... lucky?? No other explanation. Try cruising St Hts like that... I guarantee a pullover...

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Originally posted by yamahauler@Oct 18 2005, 11:21 AM
So how is it that the cops know you have a doc note? I'd think, being that dark, you'd get harassed ALOT... lucky?? No other explanation.  Try cruising St Hts like that... I guarantee a pullover...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937507
[/quote]

They don't, thats why you still have to roll your windows down if you KNOW there are cops around..

I never roll past a cop with the tints up waiting to get pulled over...better not to deal with it.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Originally posted by SpeeDWerX1000@Oct 18 2005, 06:40 PM
They don't, thats why you still have to roll your windows down if you KNOW there are cops around..I never roll past a cop with the tints up waiting to get pulled over...better not to deal with it.
lol, I guess if you see one ahead, but you cant see them all. And it's a bit obvious in the winter...
:brrrr:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts