Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I would like to ask some experts if my carbs and eletronics from a 2002 xc 800 will work if put a 2001 rmk 700 engine in it? My motor took a major chit. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Hi I would like to ask some experts if my carbs and eletronics from a 2002 xc 800 will work if put a 2001 rmk 700 engine in it? My motor took a major chit. Thanks[/b]
Carbs can be tuned to work.

Cdi has wrong curve.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi I would like to ask some experts if my carbs and eletronics from a 2002 xc 800 will work if put a 2001 rmk 700 engine in it? My motor took a major chit. Thanks[/b]
Also will the wireing harness all plug in to the 700 motor? Thanks

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Have you studied the microfisches/parts diagrams on www.polarisindustries.com or www.partsland.com to see which parts are different?

I can't answer whether the (GenII) 01 700 motor will plug right into the edge harness.

Other things that might be different is coolant routing

Which parts does the 01 motor come with? You'll also need a non-ves y-pipe.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
If your talking about the plug down by the recoil with yellow and brown wires it will plug together. Just look inside and make sure yellow lines up with yellow and brown with brown.

How bad is the motor that blew up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your talking about the plug down by the recoil with yellow and brown wires it will plug together. Just look inside and make sure yellow lines up with yellow and brown with brown.
How bad is the motor that blew up?[/b]
The motor is pretty bad. Both pistons and jugs, mag side real bad missing one whole ring so lower end will have to come apart. This sled is a spare one for friends to ride so it might not get fixed at all. But i don't want to part it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts