Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if they would fit or would it be a waste of time to try it?

pretty sure there both 17 ish eye to eye.There the 07 walker clickers that come stock on the 07 dragon front end.

would the switchback have the same length eye to eye as the xc or rmk ?:dunno:

it looks like rmk body style but where the rmk front arms are narrower, im not sure what length the shocks would be on the edge switchback 144.

any insight/:bc: ??

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after abit of research, the switchback oem shock is 17 3/4 and the 07 dragon walkers are 18 eye to eye.

7043083 05'switchback edge.

7043206 07' dragon.

dam , so close.

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
did you find compressed lenght too? I'd think that would be more critical than extended ..?

Reactions: too slow

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you find compressed lenght too? I'd think that would be more critical than extended ..?
nope but i will look into it.

so if there the same compressed I could switch them you think?

·
Registered
16,827 Posts
I'd think so..?

fwiw, I put 16 3/8" RydeFX shocks from a edge XC on a 99 SKS700 and a 00 XCR800.
Went just fine even if the stockers were shorter

·
Registered
40,106 Posts
Forgot to say to check the external reservoirs on the walkers to be sure they clear the inside of the edges bulkhead shock tower mounts as the sleds ifs collapse's.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool makes sense.

but theres no way I could swap them on both sleds eh.

as in put the edge ryde fxs on the dragon as well, being there apparently a quarter inch too short?

reason being I may sell the dragon cheap if the reeds /tps/new throttle cable don't solve my runnability issues.

if im practically gonna have to give it away and take a pretty good loss, im thinking whatever I can swap over to improve the edge switch I might as well do it. the front clickers would be a decent upgrade.the switch already has a clicker in the rear track shock.

Im thinking of taking off the c and a pros as well. Could I use the c and a ski mounts for the iq with the edge skis on the dragon? like switch the factory polaris skis on the switch for the c and as on the dragon?if so , whats involved?

the hand guards and rox adjustable riser might be coming off as well.

·
Registered
40,106 Posts
Can't say for sure about swapping 1/4 shorter edge shocks on a dragon but when i swapped a pair of gen2 shocks that were about 1/2'' shorter on an edge, i rode the entire week in quebec without an issue. I'd say if the e-e distance collapsed is the same....try installing the edge shock on the dragon without the spring and see if the ifs arm allows for full extension as it would with the correct w/e shock. You should be able to feel if the arm with the edge shock fully extended (topping out) or its travel is within the arms movement. You want to double check the arm with the w/e shock installed first to get a base line. Imo, i think its going to be ok.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't say for sure about swapping 1/4 shorter edge shocks on a dragon but when i swapped a pair of gen2 shocks that were about 1/2'' shorter on an edge, i rode the entire week in quebec without an issue. I'd say if the e-e distance collapsed is the same....try installing the edge shock on the dragon without the spring and see if the ifs arm allows for full extension as it would with the correct w/e shock. You should be able to feel if the arm with the edge shock fully extended (topping out) or its travel is within the arms movement. You want to double check the arm with the w/e shock installed first to get a base line. Imo, i think its going to be ok.
so is there a trick to getting the shorter shock onto the mount ?:bc:

·
Registered
40,106 Posts
I don't quite understand that question your asking....if the shock eye has the same dia. mounting bolt, yes. Just be sure the shorter edge shock is still long enough for the dragons ifs's a-arm travel. You don't want the shock to top out while there's still some a-arm travel left.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't quite understand that question your asking....if the shock eye has the same dia. mounting bolt, yes. Just be sure the shorter edge shock is still long enough for the dragons ifs's a-arm travel. You don't want the shock to top out while there's still some a-arm travel left.
gotcha.ill size it up a little better next week and see from there.:bc:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I traded a guy the stock set from my switchback for a set of rydefx clicker ones from a 05 50th xc. He put them on a fusion, later talked to him and he said no issues. I know one guy has done it but thats all.

·
Registered
40,106 Posts
you can mix and match shocks for one sled to another with a max of 1/2" difference. we've done this countless times without issue's or bad handling trait's at all
Pretty much what i figure to. As long as theres enough shock travel in the shock that the suspension movement their going in doesn't cause the shock to top out.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can mix and match shocks for one sled to another with a max of 1/2" difference. we've done this countless times without issue's or bad handling trait's at all
awesome.thats great news.the switchback edge fronts are 17 3/4 and the dragons 18 even so im good to go ?:bc:

if that's the case I may swap all four before I sell my dragon off cheap.lessen some of the loss anyway.there all walker clickers on the dragon, non adjustable ryde fx's on the switch except I think the very rear track shock may be a clicker.

the hand guards and c and as are coming off too lol

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zr you give up on the Dragon?
gonna give her a solid shot to get it running right,but after I set the tps and put in a new throttle cable and go back to stock reeds its still giving me the issue yeah , most likely I will sell off cheap and take the loss.if it runs great I may keep it around another season or two but I think ill look into getting a gen 2 xcr 8 as my scare sled, the edge 144 will be my daily for off trail/ditch riding.

now if the solutions work and it tears my arms off and runs flawless, eh, who knows.might have to change my tune.thus far though, its been discouraging.

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just be sure those dragon shocks have the same collapse length eye to eye as the rmk ones.

switchback - track rear shock - 7042176-extended length 16.61 inches-collapsed 10.97 inches-ifp depth1.8-200 psi-stroke 5.64inches

- track front shock- 7042084-extended length 12.51inches-collapsed 8.92 inches-ifp depth 4.77-200psi-stroke 3.59 inches

- front ifs shock - 7043083-extended length 17.69inches-collapsed 12.56 inches-ifp depth7.77-200psi-stroke 5.13inches

Dragon- track rear shock-7043205-extended length 15.60inches-10.56inches-ifp depth-2.25-200psi-stroke 5.04inches

- track front shock- 7043204-extended length 12.10 inches-collapsed 8.6 inches-ifp 2.25-200psi-stroke 3.50inches

-front ifs shock-7043206-extended length 18.00 inches- collapsed 10.13inches-ifp 2.25-200psi-stroke 6.26

good to swap?

if not ill just send the 4 switchback shocks out for complete rebuilding the fall.not a huge deal either way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts